Workshop Technician - Well Testing< Back To Job Listing
The Well Test Chief Operator is responsible for monitoring and supervising Well Test operations in the absence of the Well Test Supervisor, when present, he/she shall assist the Supervisor in all the operations. In most applications the Well Test Chief Operator will supervise the night shift operations.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Adhere to Safety procedure and policies in accordance with safety management system. Including:
- Active participation and contribution to specific safety initiatives in meetings.
- Report all hazardous and unsafe acts.
- Actively promote positive safety culture.
- Adhere to Quality procedure and policies in accordance with the ISO9002 (where applicable) quality assurance system. Including:
- Compliance to work instructions.
- Raising corrective actions for all non-conformances.
- identifying areas requiring improvement and / or audi
- To oversee the operation of the Well Test equipment in a safe and professional manner
- To ensure all Well Test equipment is in the appropriate readiness/position for each stage of the operation.
- To produce daily and end of job reports as per Weatherford standards and Client requirement
- Coordinates with the Well Test Supervisor on all equipment forecasts and needs to maintain smooth operations on location.
- To check, verify and calibrate sensor/instrumentation as per the relevant Weatherford technical documents and quality control procedures.
- To accurately control, monitor and record all the operating parameters of the installed equipment in accordance with Weatherford procedures and Client requirement.
- To submit detailed reports on any operational anomalies to the Well Test Supervisor
- To maintain, test and tag equipment at the end of each job as per Weatherford procedures and policies
- To complete all equipment maintenance reports, job history cards, equipment status cards, etc. etc. To file and record as per Weatherford procedures and standards.
- To build an attitude of teamwork within the crew by motivation, sharing experience and knowledge with less experienced crew members, by training, etc
- To the co-ordinate and record the use of the onsite spares and inventory, in accordance with daily consumables utilized during operations, ensuring that relevant records are forwarded, allowing suitable time for the Weatherford base to establish replacement items.
- To be aware of safety regulations and procedures as specified by Weatherford and the Client, relevant safety authorities and respect overall safety regulations
- Ensure the rest of the Weatherford crew are aware and are familiar with safety regulations and procedures that may be in addition to the standard and apply to certain locations.
- To chair pre-job/tool box meetings held prior to any Well Test operation commencing on location.
- To ensure that operational procedures are being followed and adhered to during all aspects of Well Test operations
QUALIFICATIONS / TRAINING
- High School Graduate
- Post Secondary Education - Technical/University
- Additional Related Certification / Training Courses
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Minimum 5 years experience working in a well testing and or production operations environment, onshore or offshore.
- Familiarity with the oil and gas industry and all related production and or well testing equipment & operations.
- Familiarity with drilling rigs and or production platforms / land based production gathering stations
- Knowledge of other equipment, i.e. Drilling Rigs, Air Compressors, Process Control, Instrumentation, Computerized Data Acquisition Systems, Pipe and Pressure Vessels, etc
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels
- Maintain good Written and Spoken English Skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Flexible and adaptable to a changing environment
- Able to influence and persuade people
- Prepared to travel and work on overseas assignments