Rig Operator: COROD® Continuous Rod, Bonnyville, AB< Back To Job Listing
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in over 90 countries and has a network of approximately 1,000 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs approximately 29,500 people. For more information, visit www.weatherford.com and connect with Weatherford on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
Weatherford delivers innovative technologies and services designed to meet the world’s current and future energy needs in a safe, ethical, and sustainable manner. Grounded by our core values and inspired by our world-class people, we are committed to being a trusted business partner to those we serve.
As a Weatherford Rig Operator you will facilitate the safe and efficient operation of Weatherford’s Corig™ unit, a standalone, well servicing solution. Weatherford provides our Rig Operator's with a solid foundation of theoretical knowledge and practical skills, serving as the starting point to a fulfilling career in the oilfield services industry.
- Oversee/assiss in the installation and servicing of wellsite equipment, including continuous sucker rod, down hole pumps and wellhead drives.
- Ensures tight connections on Corod, polish rod and BOP.
- As a Relief Operator, the successful candidate will operate the Rig, oversee all processes
- Ensures proper handling, use and maintenance of equipment and tools on the Corig; informs Rig Operator if any equipment/tools are required.
- As a Rig assistant, the successful candidate will drive a one-ton crew vehicle with crew trailer in a safe manner to well site locations
- Understands environmental and health and safety hazards; complies with all environmental and safety procedures as set by the Company and the industry.
- Participates in safety drills on a weekly basis.
- Immediately communicates all safety, operational and environmental concerns to the Rig Operator or Field Supervisor.
- Maintains a clean working area: wellsite/lease, rig, truck, and doghouse.
- Ensures all paperwork, e.g. rig tickets, time sheets, etc. are filled out correctly and submitted in a timely manner.
- Observes job procedures and identifies problems or concerns, suggesting areas for process improvement.
- Other duties as required.
- Minimum Grade 12 education or equivalent
- 1-2 years oilfield rig experience
- Relocation to the Bonnyville/ Cold Lake region required
- WHMIS, First Aid & CPR training
- Valid class 5 driver's abstract with clean driving record (Class 3 Operators license preferred)
- Uncompromising attitude to safety performance and service quality excellence
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work effectively in a team setting
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS
Weatherford offers competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including paid vacation to start, matching RRSP program, comprehensive benefits program, and employee stock purchase program (ESPP) and opportunities for on-going training and career development.