DRILLING ENGINEER - DRILLING SERVICES< Back To Job Listing
- Produce well plans for directional drilling.
- Interface with directional personnel and customers.
- Compile and maintain information for proposals and end of well recaps for customers.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Calculate customer information to form well plans using 5D/Compass well planning software.
- Prepare plan survey reports and drawings to deliver to customers and to rig locations.
- Receive surveys from directional drillers in the field and enter them into the computer along with well information to produce daily reports and compile end of well recaps to present to customers.
- Maintain data archives and assemble data for reports.
- Attend pre-planning meetings with customers.
- Assist in interfacing with customers.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
Minimum 1 year in the Oil field industry
Proficient verbal and written skills
Ability to work closely with customers and fellow employees
Willingness to learn knowledge of Directional Drilling practices
The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations
Essential - -3-5 years experience in an operations, supply chain or quality role
Preferred - -3-5 years experience in down-hole tool environment 8+ years experience or more in a management position.