Payroll Specialist< Back To Job Listing
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in more than 80 countries and has a network of 620 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs more than 24,000 people. For more information, visit www.weatherford.com and connect with Weatherford on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Payroll Specialist is required to handle all payroll related matters for Malaysia and Philippines and eventually will need to drive the payroll improvement for ASA
- Responsible in the full cycle of monthly master local payroll processing schedule
- Responsible for planning, developing, implementing and monitoring of monthly Weatherford Malaysia payroll policies procedures and practices that comply with ISO 9001-2000, SOX 404 and statutory requirements.
- Responsible for statutory contributions payment and reporting are in compliance with local regulations and statutory requirements
- Responsible for annual tax return for local employee, prepare and filing of annual tax for Company and liaise with Finance Dept and Region Tax on local tax issue.
- Responsible in identifying process improvement in payroll processes, ensuring that identified opportunity are implemented to improve efficiencies and controls in the processes.
- Responsible in identifying legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting payroll functions and ensures policies, procedures and reporting are in compliance.
- Manage payroll system, administer overall systems in line with the company’s requirement as well as maintain existing reports for internal/external customers which include working with vendors/service providers for optimal use of system to reduce manual reporting within the organization.
- Coordinate with locations and HR dept to obtain payroll related information.
- Address/or response inquires from employees/finance department regarding payroll and expense reimbursement in agreed turnaround time.
- Responsible for payroll yearly audit for internal and external auditor
- Maintain payroll record for internal and external requirements
- Liaise closely with Finance Department with regards to employee expense reimbursement and payroll payment processing.
- Conduct studies/surveys when necessary in areas of responsibility with local/MNC companies for payroll practices.
- Assist Senior General Manager on renewing Petronas Licence, submission paper work, etc
- Assist Management on legal and Company Secretarial Matter.
- Assist tender team to prepare tender document proposal.
- To assure the implementation of related QHSE policy and procedures.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Min Bachelor's Degree in Finance & Accounting, Human Resource, Business Administration or relevant discipline
- With at least 5 years' experiance in handling payroll related matters and statutory requirement such as EPF/SOCSO/ Personnel income tax
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS
Spearheading payroll process centraliztion and standardization for Asia region.