SENIOR BUYER< Back To Job Listing
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in more than 80 countries and has a network of 620 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs more than 24,000 people. For more information, visit www.weatherford.com and connect with Weatherford on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Job Description: Roles & Responsibilities:
- Strong skills working in multi cultural environment.
- The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations
- Develops, analyzes, and implements methods and procedures of bids and Completion tenders to ensure they are completed adequately, logically and in accordance to regulations, departmental policies and procedures.
- Provides assistance and guidance to staff in resolving problems, conflicts, and claims arising during the procurement process from bid process to contract execution.
- Responsible for working with procurement team to identify opportunities for the development of new and/or streamlined, innovative approaches to procurement processes and systems to ensure customer needs and expectations are being met, including increased utilization of technology.
- Plans, organizes, supervises and evaluates the work of assigned work team which includes the evaluation of assigned staff; establishing performance requirements and personal development plans; regularly monitoring performance and providing coaching for performance improvements and development; recommends merit increases and other rewards to recognize performance; recommends disciplinary action, in accordance with organizational policies and labor contract provisions.
- Purchase of all types of general engineering, drilling, spares and equipment required for the Company's operations and Carrying out market surveys for source generation & price comparison to be able to purchase material in minimum possible time at optimum prices.
- Assumed overall responsibility for preparing and approved contracts with all domestic and international vendors. (Preparing tender documentation, evaluation of tenders, post bid negotiations with tenders and contracts award).
- Management inventory at the production/Drilling warehouse to provide operations timely support in day to day operations. (Analysis of Maintenance Repair and Operating material for replenishment (Min-Max), MRP materials requested for projects, slow moving materials, surplus disposal and Materials for Projects).
- Invitation to bid (ITB) is sent to vendors, as per parameters mentioned on strategy. Technical and Economical evaluation shall be done, to prepare awarding recommendation to Contracts Committee. Acceptance of contract by supplier/Contractor and delivery of Insurance Bonds. Delivery of contract to Contract Manager (user) for its management.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of Procurement for oil and gas industry.
- Nationality : Iraqi
- Bachelor Degree
- Fluent in English, written and spoken and strong verbal and written skills.
- People Skills
- Willing to travel to remote locations.
- Strong computer skills --Microsoft Excel, Word
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS