SR FISHING TOOLS SUPERVISOR< Back To Job Listing
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in more than 80 countries and has a network of 620 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs more than 24,000 people. For more information, visit www.weatherford.com and connect with Weatherford on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Senior Fishing Tools Supervisor:
- Performs complex engineering tasks and projects applying highly advanced, specialized knowledge of engineering principles and practices to serve customer on site requirements. These requirements include, on-site equipment overhauls, installation and commissioning and troubleshooting
- Reviews engineering projects, warranty claims and operational metrics at least bi-monthly to ensure expected results are accomplished. The most unusual or difficult part of the job is the specialized engineering knowledge needed for the complexity of the repair services. The technical specifications and tolerances are very challenging. Another challenging aspect is keeping ahead of industry and competitor advancements and providing a technically superior product and service
- The Senior Fishing Tools Supervisor interacts with the Field Service Supervisor, Operations Management, Direct Sales team, Application Engineering team, and other workshop staff within the facility to ensure repair requirements are being met. Also interacts with customers at various levels
- Daily communication to the Operations Manager ISDT, any problems encountered offshore must be reported immediately.
- Operation down hole tools and fishing equipment’s at customer job site
- Performs complex engineering tasks and projects often requiring development of new or improved processes or techniques
- Applies highly advanced and specialized knowledge of engineering principles and practices
- Ensure quality and integrity of all products and services through thorough design validation and strict adherence to engineering and company standards
- Attends customer sites to overhaul equipment, install equipment, commission equipment and/ or troubleshoot faults
- Dispatching preparations and maintenance of down hole tools and fishing equipment’s insuring they are maintained and inspected to relevant standards and fit for purpose
- Complete appropriate job reports and other relevant paper work and insure it is field and distributed accordingly within a timely manner.
- Liaise with customer and drilling crew on trouble shooting and job planning to insure effective solution are recognized and carried out
- Serves as a technical supervisor to be a resource to all functional areas of the facility. This includes sales, assembly, inspection, testing, machining and welding
- Provides technical assistance in troubleshooting to solve performance problems, improving energy and operating costs, as well as overall equipment reliability. This includes on-site visits
- Stays up to date on product capabilities and enhancements for products as well as related competitor products
- Keeps up to date on customer processes
- Ensure all FRE jobs are correctly uploaded and approved on WPTS within two days of completion of the job. Assist with the EOW Report for each job.
- Processing of field tickets to ensure a timely submission and accuracy.
- Maintain accurate records in accordance with company policies and implement and apply effective controls to ensure the custody and efficient use of company assets. Milling reports were applicable should be comprehensive.
- Organize your own personal training to ensure competency to Weatherford's global standard (OEPS and Competency levels)
- Provides and assists with training, performance management and mentoring for national fishing supervisors, applications engineers and graduate trainees.
- Acts appropriately in front of customers to represent the company in a positive manner
- Implements and adopts the company’s HSE policies and procedures on all site and workshop activities
- Attending customer meeting as required and to assist with product sales and support functions.
- Writes specific job procedures as required.
- Available on a 24-hour call basis while on rotation to respond to the customers operational requirements.
- Maintains a level of cleanliness and tidiness in the office, shop and yard to promote a positive corporate image and to provide an acceptable workplace for employees.
- Performs various other duties and activities as assigned by Business Unit Manager within the physical constraints of the job
- Expert level knowledge and understanding of engineering principles and practices
- Strong operational and technical skill
- Good knowledge of down hole tools and fishing equipment’s and un understanding of down hole conditions
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve technical problems
- Outstanding ability to develop relationships with others
- Self-starter with ability to work and train other engineers
- Ability to learn computer programs and use spreadsheets
- Must be prepared to travel
- Knowledge of Rotating Equipment
- Vibration & Harmonics
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS
- Minimum 10-15 years of experience in oilfield activities
- 5 Years oilfield rig experience as driller or higher position
- 5 Year experience with open and cased hole fishing operations
- Thorough technical knowledge of Fishing & Re-Entry Systems products and services;
- Excellent communication in English (both written and oral), presentation, leadership/supervisory/team and organizational skills
- Capable of multitasking and working effectively under pressure;
- Understanding of computer application within the proposed job environment;
- Ability to generate clear and concise reports in a timely and professional manner.