TRANSPORTATION PLANNER< Back To Job Listing
- The scope and responsibilities of the role is to execute and optimize transport, considering cost, service (lead time requirements) and other planning parameters
- Utilizes various transportation software systems to facilitate material movement, planning and scheduling, understands different planning techniques including load planning tools
- Prepares and updates weekly logistics schedule to ensure on time deliveries to customers locations and coordinates product pick up with suppliers.
- Track and trace cargo in transit until POD.
- Communicates shipments status to Logistics, Product lines and Sales organizations as required.
- Works closely with transport service providers to assure efficient and effective execution of processes, assists in obtaining necessary transport permits and codes and prepares proper transportation paperwork.
- Supports the development and implementation of improved logistics processes and systems
- Interact with Customer Service team for optimum load selection and communicate any potential issues affecting pickup and/or delivery.
- Establish route guide and work on rationalization of carriers.
- Work with sourcing on pricing for high volume lanes
- Receive and audit freight invoices
- Monitor carriers scorecards
- Proactively engage internal and external customers to address concerns and complaints when linked with poor performance either in terms of schedule or quality of customer service, condition of equipment
- Understand how business and market are evolving to ensure that logistics routing solutions effectively (time/cost) are supporting customer needs
- Manage freight claims
- Experience in Oil and Gas with focus on US domestic transportation planning and executing shipments
- Able to be on call at nights and on weekends as needed
- Familiar with MS office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Familiar with using a Transportation Management System (TMS)
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS
- Advanced desktop computer skills including Microsoft Excel and Outlook required
- Experience in production scheduling, distribution, materials and inventory planning a plus.
- Experience on freight settlement
- Local transport market knowledge including equipment, port and airport operations as well as relevant restrictions and regulations and legislation
- Carrier operating model knowledge
- Capable of managing and prioritizing multiple time sensitive tasks in a dynamic environment
- Ability to develop and maintain professional working relationships with customers
- Knowledge of Department Of Transportation rules and regulations a plus
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills in English.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience in working with advanced TMS platforms, and JDE preferred
- Ability to work independently with a sense of urgency