Technical Sales Representative - Clairmont, AB< Back To Job Listing
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in more than 80 countries and has a network of 620 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs more than 24,000 people. For more information, visit www.weatherford.com and connect with Weatherford on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Responsible for managing company customer accounts relating to the sale of Weatherford Products and Services in Artificial Lift Systems. Promotes, builds, and maintains positive relationships with customers in order to grow the business. Additionally, account managers will represent Weatherford interests at various customer related functions and activities. This position will also have additional responsibilities to oversee and manager the Artifical Lift team in this location.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Personally grows existing customer accounts and relationships.
- Prospects, develops and builds relationships with new accounts and develops additional contacts within existing accounts.
- Focuses on growth of existing product lines with new accounts and increases share of market with existing accounts
- In conjunction with the Sales Manager, Product Line Managers, Area Sales Managers etc assists in developing and executing strategies aimed at growing target accounts related to geography, market segment, product line or account resulting in revenue growth.
- Demonstrates a clear track record of closing sales.
- Provides, facilitates or ensures that technical assistance is provided to customers and other Business Unit sales staff to ensure all sales activity is fully supported.
- Promotes goodwill to provide a basis for continued business or base for first time business.
- Provides feedback to the Sales Manager, Area Sales Managers, and Product Line Managers on competitive activities, pricing and product acceptance and keeps up to date records on sales calls, customer contacts, and details of meetings on a monthly basis in the format required by Weatherford.
- Prepare and present technical presentations on ALS manufactured products to customers
- Supports company goals/ objectives and is a champion of continual process improvements and quality initiatives
- Safety minded individual and willingness for receiving both required and ongoing training as required.
- Provides feedback on quality, safety, security, and environmental issues that may affect the business to the Sales Manager.
- Account management of numerous accounts.
- Post Secondary education in a related field, i.e. business or oilfield.
- Experienced salesmanship capabilities with proven ability to manage accounts and close the sale.
- Prior Production Systems sales experience preferred; understanding of oilfield, completion and production techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to discuss problems and negotiate mutual agreements with customers, manufacturer’s distributors and other Weatherford employees.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain customer base relationships and ability to make cold sales calls.
- Demonstrated outgoing personality, relationship orientated, capable of networking in diverse situations showing entrepreneurial characteristics.
- Demonstrated Organizational, interpersonal, time-management and written/oral communication skills;
- Proficient use of personal computers and related software.
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS
Weatherford offers competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including 3 weeks’ vacation to start, RRSP matching, a health spending account and opportunities for on-going training and career development.