CNC MACHINIST IV< Back To Job Listing
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in more than 80 countries and has a network of 620 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs more than 24,000 people. For more information, visit www.weatherford.com and connect with Weatherford on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Set up and operate CNC equipment to produce parts to specified tolerances of blueprints in above average time without assistance, applying advanced knowledge of machine shop theory and procedures, shop mathematics, machinability of materials, and layout techniques.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (not listed in any particular order)
Know and understand Weatherford’s Enterprise Excellence Process and the Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
Must understand and comply with all applicable licensee requirements.
Perform complex operational function of CNC machines.
Maintain acceptable reject, scrap rates, and production rates.
Identify problems and be able to correct most of them without assistance.
Mount, align, and secure tooling, attachments and work piece on machine.
Install cutting tools in machine.
Load control media, such as tape, card or disk, in machine controller or enter commands to retrieve pre-programmed instruction from database.
Calculate and set machine controls to position tools in relationship to work piece and to regulate factors, such as cutting depth, speed, feed, and coolant flow.
Start machine and monitor displays and machine operations to detect malfunctions.
Stop machine to change cutting tools and setup according to required machining sequence or to measure parts for conformance to blueprint specifications, using precision measuring instruments, without supervision, changing program if needed.
Maintain proper maintenance of machine, equipment and facilities and keep in proper condition.
Must provide all needed measuring tools and box to keep them in.
Follow all oral and written instruction correctly.
Required to hold tolerances within .0005 or as required by blueprints.
- Responsible for recording all labor hours with time system accurately Ability to set-up and run CNC lathe or mill with little assistance and troubleshoot same programs for potential errors.
- At least 10 or more years of experience required.
- Mazak and Intergrex experience (set up and edit)
- GD&T experience (Geometric Demension and Tolerance)
- Ability to program jobs at the machine if required.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, specifications and instructions
- Scrap rate is consistently below 3% of output. Meets or beats production requirements.
- Ability to completely inspect machined parts.
- Ability and willingness train new employees in proper machining techniques.
- Ability to read a measuring tape, micrometer and calipers.
- Ability to use geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to make process improvement suggestions and/or participate on process improvement teams.
- Advanced knowledge of machines used, and processes.
- The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations.
- Must wear required PPE at all times where mandatory.
Ability to work in a team oriented environment.
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS
Weatherford offers competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including paid vacation to start, matching 401K program, comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor – Priority Referral Requested
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.