Work Shop Technician 2< Back To Job Listing
This job posting is no longer active
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in more than 80 countries and has a network of 620 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs more than 24,000 people. For more information, visit www.weatherford.com and connect with Weatherford on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Primary role will be to assemble, disassemble rental equipment per work instructions independently and assembly of liner system . You will also be able to perform preparation and testing of Liner Systems equipment (under supervision). You will be expected to follow a specified learning plan that will include various computer-based learning modules as well as classroom training.
- Attend classroom instructional sessions aimed at product line specific training
- Complete assigned computer-based training as per the predetermined Learning Plan.
- Assemble, disassemble rental equipment per work instructions
- Assemble liner system (under supervision)
- Perform tool preparation and testing (under supervision)
- Identify and use all measurement equipment as per calibration log and work instruction
- Have a general knowledge of the Liner Systems products and services including having the ability to correctly identify all tools and components.
- Recommend measures to improve methods, performance, and quality to increase efficiency.
- Assist in the shop and make deliveries when available
- Must attend all required safety training.
- Required to work on a 24 hours call basis.
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
Mandatory to read and write English
Preferable with a mechanical or petroleum diploma after the high school
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS
- Mechanical aptitude
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Individual must be able to follow instructions
- Self-motivated and committed to service quality a must
- Valid Driver License
- The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations.
- Basic Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel)
- Problem solving