Wireline Field Engineer< Back To Job Listing
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in more than 80 countries and has a network of 620 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs more than 24,000 people. For more information, visit www.weatherford.com and connect with Weatherford on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Manages a field operator crew engaged in a variety of duties associated with the provision of oil and gas wells services and maintenance and repair of equipment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operates wireline service tools as assigned.
- Manages well site operations to insure delivery of quality service and compliance with environmental and safety standards. Supervises, assists, and directs an operator crew in the calibration of equipment and the setup and running of service(s).
- Isolates location of field failures and takes such remedial action as necessary to insure service keeps running; documents and reports failures and recommends action to prevent recurrence.
- Informs clients of any unusual conditions during the job and maintains direct contact with client's representative throughout running of service; analyzes tool failures and makes decisions to send for replacements or use alternative techniques; interprets common services for client.
- Fosters and maintains client relations by establishing a positive image and confidence in the quality of services and insures the confidentiality of all logging operations.
- Prepares and signs service orders as an authorized representative of the Company. Insures service order is signed by client's representative.
- Supervises and assists an operator crew in the preparation of the unit and related equipment for a job and in such pre job, post job, regular, and specialized maintenance as necessary to meet Company standards, and prepares and submits such technical and maintenance reports as required.
- Prepares documentation for DOT, environmental, and post job summary as required.
- Undertakes such technical, safety, and shop and office responsibilities as are assigned by the Base Manager
- Reviews and appraises the performance of subordinates, consistent with performance management objectives, recommends changes in job classification and salary to management, and determines the need for additional training or recommends termination or reclassification, in a fair and consistent manner.
- Calls and leads safety meetings.
- Undertakes such study as required for promotion to Senior Field Engineer.
- Reports accurate and in a timely manner all QHSE statistics in the recognized data base
- College degree in Engineering or related science, or equivalent oilfield job experience
- Evaluation of at least 'Satisfactory' in study of Junior Field Engineer courses.
- Radiation, explosives, and pressure certification as required.
- Valid driver's license.
- Minimum of six months as a Junior Field Engineer.
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS
- Performs other duties as assigned by Base Manager.
- Participates in the management of the Location.
- Assists in the training of Junior Field Engineers.