COMPS FIELD ENGINEER< Back To Job Listing
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry.
The Company operates in more than 80 countries and has a network of 620 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs more than 24,000 people.
Weatherford delivers innovative technologies and services designed to meet the world’s current and future energy needs in a safe, ethical, and sustainable manner. Grounded by our core values and inspired by our world-class people, we are committed to being a trusted business partner to those we serve.
To plan, co-ordinate, control and execute the installation of Weatherford Fibre Ooptic Completion equipment.
- The Field Specialist is the primary point of contact for the customer at the well site, and the role is measured by the accurate fulfilment of job specific processes before, during and after equipment installation, and the quality of the customer interaction at the well site
- The Field Specialist will be required to work across the Geozone and on occasion globally. There will be an element of workshop support required particularly in countries where local facilities do not exist.
Other aspects on this role are:
- Independently applies extensive and diversified knowledge of principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields.
- Uses advanced techniques in the modification or extension of theories and practices to complete assignments.
- Works on a major project or several projects of moderate scope with complex features.
- Reviews project documents for conformity and quality assurance. Develops new techniques and or improved processes or materials, or products. Acts as technical specialist or advisor to management and staff.
- Oversees junior level engineers in completion of their assignments.
- Receives supervision and guidance relating to overall objectives and critical issues, new concepts and policy matters.
- Key interface between Weatherford and the client at the job site, carrying the duties and responsibilities of completing a service job and managing a crew at the well site.
- 3 to 5+ years oilfield related experience
- Basic knowledge of MS Office
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Understand basic mathematics
- Ability to communicate in native language
- Weatherford Safety training
- Available 24/7 with scheduled days off
- The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations
- Willingness to work under varying conditions and in remote locations
- Ability to perform under time constraints
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Positive attitude towards health, safety and the environment
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS
- Experience with Fibre Optic based equipment.
- Knowledge of topside setup for gauges
- Understanding of intelligent completion components
- Downhole Gauges and Flowmeter experience preferred.
- Fibre Optic cable splicing - on site or in workshop.