Manufacturing Specialist II< Back To Job Listing
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in more than 80 countries and has a network of 620 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs more than 24,000 people. For more information, visit www.weatherford.com and connect with Weatherford on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
JOB SCOPE: Ensure the development and implementation of all new item setups and insures optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards. develop standard costs, manufacturing instructions, planning strategies, and unique identities for all parts under our responsibility. perform monthly review of all closed work orders to insure manufacturing routings are kept current.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (not listed in any particular order)
- Coordinate all new engineering item creations (BOM) through engineering (Windchill) and JD Edwards.
- Assists Plant Controller in developing standard costs and through coordination with procurement and review of similar components using standards on outside operations.
- Develop manufacturing routing for all new manufacturing components and sub-assemblies.
- Performs time studies to ensure times in routing are accurate.
- Run simulations on all parts and review costs. Review and obtain final approval from Plant Controller.
- Maintain clean and safe environment.
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- Must be self started with good organizational skills.
- Must have ability ability to focus on details.
- Must have good reading, writing and math skills.
- Must be able to follow instructions.
- 5 + years diverse knowledge of manufacturing, machining processes, and products.
- 5 + years experinece understanding machine shop workflows
- Understanding process improvements
- Undderstanding programming of CNC Machines
- Computer knowledge with proficient skills in data entry and excel spreadsheets.
- Must be able read engineering drawings.
- The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations.
- Experience in JDE and Windchill preferred.Basic knowledge of databases and information retrieval including query languages.
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS
Weatherford offers competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including paid vacation to start, matching 401K program, comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor – Priority Referral Requested
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.