Field Engineer I< Back To Job Listing
Demonstrate and apply knowledge and understanding of all matters related to the Managed Pressure Drilling Services under minimal to no supervision.The expectation at this level is for the individual to be proficient in all aspects related to Managed Pressure Drilling (MPD), Underbalanced Drilling (UBD), Air Drilling (AD), and Rotating Control Devices (RCD), in both engineering and equipment operation, working independently or with minimal supervision.
- Provide on the rig site engineering and office support for Managed Pressure Drilling Services to the client.
- In-charge of operating the MPD Equipment including but not limited to the MPD Choke as per the MPD drilling program and plans
- Responsible for working in the shop performing green tagging, preparing, and/or assisting with shipping equipment to job site.
- Participate in the rig up, operation and maintenance of Managed Pressure Drilling Services equipment and data acquisition.
- Prepare feasibility studies, hydraulic modelling, daily and end of well reports when required.
- Monitor drilling data/performance and make appropriate recommendations to ensure objectives are safely met.
- Perform analysis of well data, monitor wells in real time using Managed Pressure Drilling Services applications.
- Support on preparing operating procedures and help to optimize P&ID’s.
- Performs troubleshooting of valves, chokes, Hydraulic Power Unit (HPU), Intelligent Control Unit (ICU), sensors and more.
- Participate in safety talks with rig crew, client, and 3rd party service providers.
- Responsible for the updating the daily report, records of events, proper database management of all well data, drilling programs, procedures, and End of Well report.
- Attend and support Hazard Operability Analysis (HAZOP), and drill and well planning meetings.
- Complete all competency and training requirements identified by Global and Regional Management.
- Reports to the Well Site Supervisor or Senior Field Engineer on location.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.