MACHINE OPERATOR< Back To Job Listing
JOB PURPOSE – OVERALL SUMMARY
Operating manufacturing CWS / ESS machinery including, perforating machines, wrapping machines, Automated Lath machines, etc. in accordance with Weatherford operating procedures.
- Carrying out machine operations as per WFT IMS (Integrated Management System) procedures, work instructions and policies.
- Ensuring machines are operating at maximum efficiency.
- Ensuring machines and surrounding areas are kept clean and tidy at all times.
- Working to all safety procedures and ensuring only authorised personnel are in vicinity of machines.
- Train and be accountable for loading the correct programmes into the machines for the relevant operations.
- Train and carry out machine changes to accommodate different spool/screen sizes.
- Check the correct material rating, quantity, lengths and types are used on each work order.
- Book direct hours on the ALR system as per requisite work order routings
- Completing all relevant paperwork to an acceptable standard with accurate and correct information
- Replacing selected parts on machines and carrying out daily/weekly operator maintenance.
- Maintain machine tools and equipment in a safe working order .Visually check cutting tools and materials prior to commencing the work and reporting any defects in the materials/tools to production engineer.
- Any other delegated responsibilities as instructed by Line Management within the timeframe specified in a safe and efficient manner to meet business requirements, provided the instruction is reasonable and you are capable and deemed competent to fulfil these.
- Able to read and understand engineering drawing of working piece with tolerance required,
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Quality, Health, Safety and the Environment.
- Apply Weatherford, and where appropriate Client Company’s, Quality, Health, Safety & Environment Policy and Management Systems.
- Act in accordance with the Roles and Responsibilities as designated in Document 2-2-EW-GB-EDI-00001
- Implement area risk assessments and work instructions as per Weatherford HSE procedures.
- Demonstrate a particularly responsible attitude to Safety in the workplace specific to Ultra High Pressure water jet cutting.
Must be educated to a secondary school level of education.
- Experience in workshop environment.
- Manufacturing workshop experience including Overhead Crane and Forklift (5 ton min) certification
- Previous experience of CNC machines is of advantage
- Water jet cutting experience.
- Lathe and milling machine experience
- Demonstrate being able to work on own initiative.
- Computer literate.
- Must be able to read / interpret engineering drawings.
- A responsible and positive attitude towards work environment.
- Good communication skills and be able to establish good working relationship with fellow colleagues.
- Must be prepared to work shifts.
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS