Application Engineer II< Back To Job Listing
The applications engineer is responsible for developing and executing a clear strategy to grow Weatherford’s Casing Accessories and Liner Hanger business across the location or multiple locations.
By working with, and understanding the customer requirements across GZ, the App Engineer will coordinate with the Operations and Sales teams, GZ and GBU to deliver and commercialize required systems processes, products and services in order to attain market leadership position.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
Client & Communication
- Engage with sales teams to anticipate inventory requirements and drive supply orders to fulfil demand
- Provide timely and appropriate information and support to relevant internal customers
- Liaises with Product/Service Lines to continually improve Weatherford enterprise Document Management solutions for ease of use, accessibility and compliance to OEPS to ensure the business is meeting and/or exceeding customer expectations
- Build strong and positive relationships with client at various levels
- Ensure all incoming support requests are logged in Salesforce and handed over to Technical Sales Manager
- Travel to manufacturing and test site(s), as needed
Vision & Leadership
- Provide technical business development and operational support in-country to Application and Project teams, and on a GZ basis if required.
- Collaborate with leadership to promote the continual quality improvement strategy of the company to meet strategic business objectives and profitability
- Set and monitor targets for Key Performance Indicators and define safety and service quality improvement action plans geared to enhance safety, quality & efficiency both at the region, well site and field locations
Execute short and long range plans with the country/area leadership to promote and meet the service delivery requirements for the client
- Assists in defining the budgetary requirements based on qualification / validation activity plans
Safety & Compliance
- Drive continuous quality improvement systems across all areas. Fostering an environment where innovation, entrepreneurship and courage are valued and encouraged
- Insight into overall customer service delivery projects and review with internal stakeholders and client to ensure seamless delivery of services
- Coordinate movement of equipment and people within the country/area and also be the point of contact when equipment and people are needed from/by other locations
- Work closely with key stakeholders across the organisation to provide reporting and analysis that will facilitate business improvement and operational efficiency
- Ensure compliance with safety standards related to mechanical systems, structures and components;
- Demonstrates creativity, strategic thinking and mature engineering judgment in anticipating and solving engineering problems, determining Clients objectives and requirements
- Support operations on technical troubleshooting related with hardware/software/procedural management of change. Support Hazid/Hazop, procedural review and customer training meetings
- Provide a critical support role in tracking the execution of business plans
- Responsible for leading and supervising a team of engineers as they develop, test, modify, and create solutions to technical problems
Team Building & Mentoring
- Contribute and participate in marketing events, client meetings/discussions and presentations as required.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Engineering Degree
- Minimum of 2 years experience in Field Engineering or equivalent
- Extensive experience and understanding of Casing Accessories and the Nigerian market their applicability, manufacture, and Operational Project Management System.
- Experience and understanding of Casing Accesories portfolio and their applicability to various applications.
- Excellent technical understanding and problem solving
- Advanced level of PC skills (Word, Excel and Power Point).
- Strong communicator – both verbally and written.
- Good negotiation and persuasion skills
- Ability to problem solve
- Motivated, resourceful, self-going
- Commercial/business focused
- Mature approach and attitude to work
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Fluent in English, written and oral
- Ability to handle multiple project activities simultaneously, coordinate and interact with multiple company departments and outside companies;
- Strong interpersonal, decision making and negotiation skills are required;
- Proven track record of analyzing problems to determine the root cause;
Opportunity to increase cementing revenue if we can count with experienced sale engineer for Nigerian market, who has worked previously for indigenous companies related in cementing accessories.
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS