Forklift Operator< Back To Job Listing
This job posting is no longer active
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in over 90 countries and has a network of approximately 1,000 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs approximately 29,500 people. For more information, visit www.weatherford.com and connect with Weatherford on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
Weatherford delivers innovative technologies and services designed to meet the world’s current and future energy needs in a safe, ethical, and sustainable manner. Grounded by our core values and inspired by our world-class people, we are committed to being a trusted business partner to those we serve.
Weatherford PC Pump Products & Services takes pride in manufacturing quality products. The Forklift Operator is responsible to move components within the shop and yard and ensure outgoing finished manufactured product is sent for delivery. This position is part of the last point of contact for the finished product leaving the facility and attention to detail in all processses is critical.
The person in this position is responsible for the following duties, but not limited to:
- Understand the process and procedures involved in the movement and shipment of in-process and finished product as well as the associated paperwork flow.
- Ensure finished product, types and quantities match what is recorded; load on to outgoing method of transportation, i.e. trucks
- Attend New Hire orientation; fulfill requirements to safely operate various equipment, within Weatherford reqjuiements i.e. forklift, banding equipment for securing loads
- Know and understand Weatherford’s Enterprise Excellence Program, the Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality System Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Work Instructions.
- Support the applicable QMS requirements including quality policy, quality objectives, and QMS processes and procedures
- Follow Weatherford policies and procedures regarding quality, health, safety and environment and ensure they are enforced; report any injury/ damage to the supervisorActively participating in process improvement leading to improved product quality and increased efficiency
- Responsible for shop cleanliness
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Minimum 6 months to 1 year experience
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
- Quality first attitude
- Ability to follow set work instructions and understand work order process
- Ability to anticipate the next step and work in a fast paced environment
- Good organizational skills required
- Good verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills/ Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Safety minded individual and willingness for receiving required and ongoing safety training as a condition of employment.
- Ability to multi task on multiple jobs
- Inquisitive nature, not scared to ask questions
- Attention to detail
- Prior familiarity with work process within PC Pump a definite asset
- Prior oilfield experience an asset
Note: the successful candidate for this position will be required to complete a Pre-employment drug, alcohol and medical screen, including base line audio test prior to commencement of employment.
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS
Weatherford offers competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including paid vacation to start, matching RRSP program, comprehensive benefits program, and opportunities for on-going training and career development.