Field Operator - Wireline - Elmendorf, TX< Back To Job Listing
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in more than 80 countries and has a network of approximately 700 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs approximately 26,500 people.
Weatherford delivers innovative technologies and services designed to meet the world’s current and future energy needs in a safe, ethical, and sustainable manner. Grounded by our core values and inspired by our world-class people, we are committed to being a trusted business partner to those we serve.
Duties and responsibilities include driving, servicing and maintaining tools and equipment, and assisting the Field Engineer with well site operations.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Successfully complete the learning plan for Level 2 Wireline Cased Hole Field Operator. The learning plan includes on-the-job training under the supervision of a mentor, formal training, and utilization of Weatherford online training and documentation
- Utilize Wireline documentation and other online training systems
- Prepare tools and equipment, and complete paperwork requirements
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of Wireline operations policies & procedures, which include Radiation, Ballistics, Pressure Control, rig up, and preventative maintenance
- Perform tasks associated with a typical Wireline job, which include planning and preparation, load-out and backload, rigging, clean-up and basic maintenance of tools, equipment and Wireline units
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills to assist basic wireline services at the location, which may include tools and equipment in some or all of the following technology groups: Auxiliary & Conveyance, Casing Integrity, Acquisition & Software, Fleet & Surface Support, Nuclear- Porosity/Lithology, Plugback Services, Perforation and Pipe Recovery, Production Logging
- Perform Wireline cable tests and re-heads, and preventative maintenance
- Demonstrate knowledge and ability to perform various Wireline functions including winch operation, basic depth control, and tension
- Drive Weatherford vehicles as required to perform the job
- Maintain equipment, facilities and work locations in a presentable and working condition
- Maintain up-to-date practices and promptly report issues, hazards and best practices to the supervisor
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
SKILLS and KNOWLEDGE:
- 2–3+ years related experience
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Understand basic mathematics
- Understand principles of electricity
- Completion of the Operator Level 1 Learning plan
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to obtain a Commercial Driver’s License with Hazardous Materials endorsement or equivalent
- Weatherford Safety training
- Weatherford certificates of completion for Radiation, Explosives and Pressure Control
- Level 1 Wireline Field Operator Competent
- Available 24/7 with scheduled days off
- The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations
- Willingness to work under varying conditions and in remote locations
- Ability to perform under time constraints
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Positive attitude towards health, safety and the environment
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS
Weatherford offers competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including paid vacation to start, matching 401K program, comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor – Priority Referral Requested
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.