Quality Engineer< Back To Job Listing
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in over 90 countries and has a network of approximately 1,000 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs approximately 29,500 people. For more information, visit www.weatherford.com and connect with Weatherford on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
Weatherford delivers innovative technologies and services designed to meet the world’s current and future energy needs in a safe, ethical, and sustainable manner. Grounded by our core values and inspired by our world-class people, we are committed to being a trusted business partner to those we serve.
To oversee and coordinate the quality assurance improvement and sustainability engineering activities to ensure quality processes are used to deliver quality products.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Generate and analyze reports for management reviews, including field failure reports received from customer and internal failure analysis teams.
Participate in the development and revision of manuals, procedures, work instructions, and forms.
Assist in the investigation, root-cause analysis, and issuance of corrective/preventive actions on product defects and failures.
Lead and facilitate continuous improvement teams.
Visit customers and suppliers, as necessary, to consult on specific product quality related problems.
Provide day-to-day support for production related activities, including the coordination and liaison with Third Party Inspectors (TPIs) and documentation group.
Review orders, engineering specifications and work order routings for inclusion of special quality requirements.
Monitor and ensure that standard and customer specific quality plans are adhered to.
Train appropriate personnel on quality procedures, tools, systems, and auditing methodology as required.
Perform internal and supplier audits to requirements.
Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
Must understand and comply with all applicable quality, health, safety and environmental rules and company policies of Weatherford.
Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- 3 - 5 years’ experience with manufacturing engineering and/or QA/QC Analyst experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Computer literate and have effective communications skills. Microsoft Excel Intermediate level skills
- Knowledge of continuous improvement tools.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Solid understanding of statistical methods and quality improvement techniques.
- Ability to read, understand and comprehend Quality Plans.
- Good understanding of Root Cause Analysis and Corrective action
- Internal/External Auditing experience
- Good knowledge / understanding of Gas Lift products a plus.
- 5-8 years of exp. With Manufacturing Engineering and/or QA/QC Analyst experience
- 1 - 2 years’ experience in Metallurgy, Familiar with mechanical testing such as tensile, hardness, charpy, etc.
- Experience with high strength low-alloy steel heat treatment processes.
- Good understanding of steel microstructural properties.
- Continuous Improvement
- Knowledge and understanding of industry specifications (i.e. NIST, API, ASTM)
- Knowledge of API / ISO quality standards Q1 and 9001
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS
Weatherford offers competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including paid vacation to start, matching 401K program, comprehensive benefits program, and employee stock purchase program (ESPP) and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor – Priority Referral Requested
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.