Production Planner< Back To Job Listing
This job posting is no longer active
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in over 90 countries and has a network of approximately 1,000 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs approximately 29,500 people. For more information, visit www.weatherford.com and connect with Weatherford on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
Weatherford delivers innovative technologies and services designed to meet the world’s current and future energy needs in a safe, ethical, and sustainable manner. Grounded by our core values and inspired by our world-class people, we are committed to being a trusted business partner to those we serve.
Progressing Cavity Pump manufacturing, a division of Weatherford®, that is located in south-east Edmonton, is looking to fill a Production Planner position.
While adhering to standard safety and quality operational policies and procedures, the primary functions of the Production Planner are:
- Plan available resources to ensure inter-production activities meet the internal and external customer delivery requirements
- Optimize effective inventory to minimize inventory levels
- Apply labour and equipment resources to ensure productivity and profit objectives are met
Detailed activities will include:
- Assist the planning activity in support of overall Production Scheduling
- Plan work-in-progress, routing to manufacturing capacity and schedule requirements
- Initiate material shortage lists and follow-up to ensure on-time-delivery
- Process material requirements through MRP, create production work orders and other routine production paperwork in support of the overall production control activity
- Analyze costs and estimate product costs
- Prepare monthly, annual and periodic cost-rolls
- Assist manufacturing by Production Activity Control function (i.e.: bottleneck management, TOC)
- Prepare routine and ad hoc reports
The detailed activities of the position will be coupled with the following:
- Actively participate in company Safety, Health and Environmental programs; for example, correct unsafe work practices or situations; follow reporting protocols for violations; participate in the Hazard Identification process
- Fully participate in continuous process improvement and cost control, following quality policies, procedures and standards to maintain company requirements.
This is a position that requires regular activities on the shop floor and is considered Safety Sensitive. Successful Pre-Employment Medical testing, including, but not limited to drug and alcohol screening and baseline audio will be required.
Education and Experience:
- Manufacturing Operations related diploma or degree, preferred
- 2-3 years Manufacturing Resource Planning experience; scheduling and/or planning experience in a computerized MRP environment
- Application knowledge or ERP's such as JDE/SAP is desirable.
- Interface with production and liaison with procurement, customers and supply chain
- Familiar with blue-prints and other Engineering documents
- Well conversant in the basics of Supply Chain Management and TOC
- Application knowledge of Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) would be an asset
- Oil and gas industry experience would be an asset
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Effective organizational skills
- Demonstrated skill in identifying, analyzing and providing innovative solutions to scheduling problems
- The ability to shift priorities and manage time in a fast paced environment
- Tenacious in learning the specifics of the business unit and the unique manufacturing process
- Ability and willingness to work OT
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS
Weatherford offers competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including paid vacation to start, matching RRSP program, comprehensive benefits program, and opportunities for on-going training and career development.