Quality Control Inspector, Manufacturing - Edmonton< Back To Job Listing
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in over 90 countries and has a network of approximately 1,000 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs approximately 29,500 people. For more information, visit www.weatherford.com and connect with Weatherford on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
Weatherford delivers innovative technologies and services designed to meet the world’s current and future energy needs in a safe, ethical, and sustainable manner. Grounded by our core values and inspired by our world-class people, we are committed to being a trusted business partner to those we serve.
- Learn and understand the required Process Steps and Sub-Process Steps through the Standard Work Instructions and work orders.
- Understand the importance and requirement to follow procedures to ensure the quality standard; maintain the identified quality standard.
- Follow and support continual process improvements and implementation of Quality Management System requirements.
- Follow safety policies and guidelines; learn and maintain the importance of working safe without fail.
- Report safety concerns/hazards and take corrective actions whenever/wherever possible.
- Perform verification of measuring equipment calibration for all applicable processes; inform the supervisor of any damage to or loss of equipment; return tools and supplies to identified storage.
- Achieve a minimum level of meets expectations on performance review, including attendance, team work, housekeeping, safety and quality.
- Assist if needed in shipping, receiving and production to facilitate on-time-delivery.
- Maintains knowledge of plant operations.
- Performs other related duties assigned by Quality Manager.
Primary Areas of Operation:
- Ensures compliance to Weatherford and ISO standards.
- Performs incoming, in-process and finished products inspections conducting visual and measurement tests based on blue prints.
- Analyzes and documents product test results
- Identifies, records, communicate and follow-up product non-conformances for disposition using corporate tools.
- Communicates non-conformances to supplier and coordinates return of unacceptable materials.
- Coordinates efforts for proper testing with outside vendors.
- Reports quality concerns and take corrective actions whenever/wherever possible.
- Performs tools calibration and reports results using corporate tools.
- Assists with unusual quality control testing where required.
- Prepares technical material test reports.
- Organizes and files test results for future reference
- Blueprint reading and understanding.
- Read and use of measuring and testing instruments e.g. Gages, Micrometers, Calipers.
- API threading measurement knowledge is a plus
- Knowledge and use of hand tools, including pneumatic and hydraulic power tools.
- Understanding of machine tolerances and how tolerance stack ups can affect tooling.
- Report writing skills: neat handwriting; developing level of computer usage and data entry
- Incoming material and final product inspection experience.
- Manufacturing and assembly experience required.
- Keen eye for detail and a results-driven approach.
- Must be aware of hazardous materials and the proper handling of these materials.
- Must have the ability to follow directions, work independently.
- Good communication skills in verbal and written English.
- Leadership and organizational skills.
- Team work skills
- Quality Standards and Systems experience.
- Computer and scanning experience.
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS
Weatherford offers competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including paid vacation to start, matching RRSP program, comprehensive benefits program, and opportunities for on-going training and career development.