LOGISTICS MANAGER< Back To Job Listing
- Develop & implement logistics processes & policies in line with Geozone and global initiatives
- Analyse, develop and lead implementation of strategic logistics projects
- Lead on-going efforts for establishing and sustaining continuous process improvement
- Assist in the development of the annual logistics budget
- Manage freight agent performance and maintain supplier contracts in conjunction with the Supply Chain department
- In conjunction with the UK customs team, monitor customs compliance in respect of current HMRC legislation and implement corrective actions where necessary
- Facilitate the provision of training to Weatherford facilities on all logistics matters
- Support tendering activities and advise on all logistics matters
- Carry out annual appraisals for direct report(s) in line with Weatherford policies and procedures
- In conjunction with the UK customs team, ensure any import/export discrepancies are fully investigated and the appropriate notification is sent to HMRC / any other statutory body
- Maintain a professional demeanor and attitude
- Participate in meetings/discussions with various internal departments to ensure suitable arrangements are in place for all Weatherford shipments locally, nationally and internationally
- Undertaking any required training to a satisfactory level of achievement
- Any other delegated responsibilities as instructed by Line Management within the timeframe specified in a safe and efficient manner to meet business requirements, provided the instruction is reasonable and you are capable and deemed competent to fulfil these
Periodic domestic travel required
- Previous logistics management experience - emphasis on the oil and gas service Industry
- Trade-related/cross-border experience relating to UK.
- Able to develop and lead others in a team environment
- Must have good organization skills and be able to work within strict deadlines.
- Must be accurate, with an eye for detail and have good communication skills
- Strong Quality Assurance experience - with a focus on Oil and Gas Service Industry
- Hands-on experience in a leadership role driving a culture of change and continuous improvement
- Be product, process and systems technically oriented.
Well organized and able to manage multiple concurrent tasks
- Degree qualified within Logistics/Supply Chain
- Good keyboard and computer skills
- Clean Driving License
- Flexibility to suit operational requirements
- Demonstrate prior working experience in logistics management
- The ability to work in a team environment as well as an ability to work unsupervised
- The initiative to resolve and advise on Logistics related issues
- Engineering/Technical or Compliance experience
- Ability to work as part of a team towards achieving shared objectives.
- Adaptable and Flexible to accommodate operational requirements.
Able to work under time constraints and meet deadlines in a professional manner.