BUYER< Back To Job Listing
This job posting is no longer active
Responsible for the overall procurement process for assigned areas, including, but not limited to:
- Partner with Product Line and Support Service stakeholders to ensure that the Procurement team is engaged and supporting business objectives
- Review emails for requests, quotes and approved requisitions
- Validate quotes & requisitions
- Ensure quotes & requisitions provides correct specifications, JDE part numbers, certification requirements and verification of timeframes for delivery of products and services
- Select approved suppliers
- Add additional suppliers when required
- Issue Request For Proposals / Quotations (RFP/Q)
- Evaluate supplier quotations
- Negotiate cost savings
- Obtain best total value
- Document award summaries
- Obtain approval for alternative product offered
- Convert quotes & requisitions to PO's or transfer orders
- Issue purchase orders
- Manage purchase orders including reactive/proactive expediting, updating any changes (e.g., delivery date, price, unit of measure) in JDE, obtain completed trade compliance data (i.e. country of origin)
- Follow up on late supplier quotes, missing order information from requisitions
- Keep track of Open Orders, past due promised delivery date in order to have them updated or closed.
- Monitor and prioritize conversion of open quotes & requisitions to effectuate orders with vendors
- Reports key service performance indicators regularly to management detailing all the results of ongoing or completed improvement actions
- Facilitates (or ensures adequate representation) scheduled Incident and Corrective Action Boards for reviewing Product/Service Performance and ensures improvement projects are effectively being worked upon
- Monitors and ensures effectiveness of the JDE & Quotes & Requisition process, including verifying the contents on the quotes & requisitions to ensure that the next step in the Procurement process will be simplified
- Proactively manages Vendor Base and key vendor contracts for assigned areas
- Through liaison with internal network, develop ideas and strategies to improve operational efficiency, add value, and improve business performance
Negotiate select contracts, improved prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings, utilising negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods to reduce overall spend.
Drive efforts to understand internal customer needs and business requirements as input into the purchasing strategy
Participate in the audits of major vendors as required, following through on outcomes to facilitate service improvement.
Any other delegated responsibilities as instructed by Line Management within the timeframe specified in a safe and efficient manner to meet business requirements, provided the instruction is reasonable and you are capable and deemed competent to fulfil these.
- Standard grade English and a minimum of other standard grades at level 3 or above.
- Completion of an undergraduate degree in a technical, business, supply chain or similar discipline.
- Professional certification, which can include CIPS, CPP, CSPC, CTL or CPM
- Must have the skill set and ability to interface across the entire organisation
- An effective team player that can work towards achieving shared objectives.
- Proactive, capable of delivering sound and professional results.
- Ability to think creatively, analyse situations and identify new solutions/work practices
- Action centred
- Customer focused
- Cool under pressure whilst displaying courage, integrity and trust
- Good judgement and trouble shooting skills