COMMERCIAL DIRECTOR< Back To Job Listing
This job posting is no longer active
This role is responsible for defining and communicating the segments’ commercial policies and strategy. Together with commercial operations it will drive the contracting strategy down through the Geo-Zones to ensure efficient and effective contract life cycle management with our existing and growing client base. The Segment Commercial Director is responsible for delivering standard global commercial terms and conditions, shaping bid strategy and providing expert input into commercial negotiations as directed by the VP Strategy and Business Development in order to drive the overall Segment strategy(ies).
The role will proactively create and secure profitable commercial frameworks (product sales & services – single product line supply, Bundled / IPM, Life of Field commercial models) with minimal business risk that drives desired volume and margin growth. Proactively and successfully applies oil and gas industry operational business acumen to commercial frameworks. Issues and keeps current Price Lists across all Product Lines and supports the segment Product Line Directors in setting target pricing and tracking deviations thereto. Supports the commercial operations teams and works closely (leading through influence) with Product Line Managers (Geo-Market & Region), Operations managers, Sales & Marketing, and other key contract stakeholders (credit, tax, legal amongst other functions) as One Weatherford, to deliver clear and succinct commercial value propositions to the customer.
- Education Degree focus on engineering, technical, financial, operational business content
- 8+ years of sales, Product Line, commercial operations, contract management experience in Oil & Gas market
- Successful track record of delivering complex, business projects in challenging environments
- Ability to successfully interact with and influence diverse groups of people to deliver innovative commercial contract offerings to secure forecasted financial budgets whilst continually delivering customer commercial expectations and satisfaction
- Strong experience of successfully leading diverse teams in different locations, remotely
- Ability to think strategically and be operationally rigorous
- Credible leader, financially astute with strong commercial, contractual & negotiation skills
- A highly effective communicator, regardless of the audience
- Ability to operate successfully within a matrix management environment
- Good technical knowledge of Weatherford product range or oilfield services portfolio
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS