MPD FIELD OPERATOR< Back To Job Listing
This job posting is no longer active
This position is focused on providing the necessary skills and knowledge in order to safely perform basic MPD functions as an operator. The expectation at this level is for the individual to be able to assist in all aspects related to Managed Pressure Drilling (MPD), MicrofluxTM Control System (MFC) Underbalanced Drilling (UBD), Air Drilling (AD), Compression, Separation and Rotating Control Devices (RCD). Duties and responsibilities are to assist and lead if needed in the rig up, maintenance and operation of all MFC and RCD equipment on the rig site and base when required.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with maintenance of the MPD equipment at the job site and workshop when required
- At the discretion of product line management (such as the Engineering Manager, Operations Manager, or their designee) will be responsible for working in the shop. This will include but not limited to green tagging, preparing, and/or assisting with shipping equipment to job site.
- Assist with rig up, operate and perform troubleshooting of the MPD equipment at the job site or workshop, ensure all paperwork and HSE requirements are met and complied with
- Assist with green tagging, In Casing Test, or other operational activities re quired on location or in the shop and all documented procedures for the MPD equipement on location.
- Assist with installing and removing bearing of RCD, if required.
- Under supervision, performs field operations of MPD equipment including operating the MFC from the Operator’s Panel, if required.
- Troubleshoot all electrical/electronic components and repair/maintain chokes and other mechanical equipment as necessary.
- Learns how to complete all the necessary reports/paperwork related to MPD operations.
- Keeps updated on all inspection requirements for the MPD equipment on the job site and in the shop.
- Demonstrate and apply knowledge and understanding of all matters related to the MPD equipment and accessories under supervision.
- Provides onsite job support to include but not limited to: mechanical, hydraulic functionality, revision changes, compatibility issues, troubleshooting, system versions, of MPD components.
- Keep updated on MPD equipment, mechanical and hydraulic equipment manufacturing or regulatory standards.
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions
- Comply with Quality, Health, Security and Environment (QHSE) procedures and documentation on site for specific shift.
- Document all jobs and incidents in the Weatherford Performance Tracking System (WPTS).
- Participate in the Permit to Work process.
- Actively participate in Tool Box talks.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford
- Perform all duties regarding MPD and Weatherford assigned by management or supervisors within the physical demand of the job description.
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Understanding of pressure safety
- Good organisational and planning skills
- Ability to work closely with other team members
- Helpful and highly motivated with the ability to prioritise workloads
- Good attention to detail
- Flexible and able to support and interface with members of staff at all levels
- Willingness to learn
- Understand basic principles of electricit
- Understand basic principles of hydraulics
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Must be willing to travel to remote land and offshore work locations and possibly to other countries.
- Ability to travel internally in the region or globally if required attending meetings, customer office assignments or operations.
- 1 year of Managed Pressure Drilling experience
- Previous experience in the oil and gas industry
- High School Diploma or GED
- The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations.
- Availability to be on-call, work outside normal business hours and travel as required