GEOZONE BUSINESS MANAGER-SDS< Back To Job Listing
The Geozone Business Manager is responsible for managing the business functions for Secure Drilling Services. This role is responsible for ensuring that expert technical, sales and business assistance for Secure Drilling Services products and services is provided to internal and external customers.
Technical support will be provided at all phases of MPD projects within the Geozone. To accomplish this main function, the MPD Technical Manager will need to coordinate resources and support offered by the Technical Sales and Operations groups.
- Supervises Geozone Services and support staff
- Supervises and mentors GeoZone /Country Field Engineering and Application Engineering staff
- Establish Resource requirements for GeoZone MPD Technical/Engineering team.
- Delivering excellence in operational execution through the implementation of project management processes, program preparation, real time operational centers, etc.
- Responsible for mentoring GeoZone/Country Engineer staff members
- Prepare and present MPD technical/engineering studies for clients at business development, project kick off, client training and project conclusion phases
- Work with clients to clearly define MPD KPIs for each project
- Approve Engineering studies, MPD drilling procedures, MPD Drilling Programs and End of well reports.
- Provides on-site technical support or training to WFT personnel as required
- Investigates and summarizes field input on new product performance during test periods of existing products and submits a report to the GBU owners
- Liaise with SDS R&D, Engineering, and Manufacturing on field use conditions that can affect product performance and design
Skills & Knowledge
- Excellent Communication and Presentation Skills
- Must be able to support and enforce all company policies and procedures
- Must have outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail. Able to handle multiple tasks while meeting all required deadlines
- Must have the ability to work independently, exercise sound judgment, elicit support and cooperation of team members
- Field Operations Experience in Drilling and Completing Wells
- Excellent project management skills
- Good Surface and Sub-Surface Understanding of Oil/Gas Field Development
- Good understanding of Risk Assessment and Mitigation process
- Proven Ability to Work in a Team Environment
- Experience in Problem Solving
- Ability to Manage Multiple Projects and meet deadlines as required
- Detailed knowledge of current flow modelling Software
- Bachelor of Science Degree in a relevant engineering discipline
Experience & Competencies
- Operations background with experience in Wireline, Drilling Services, UBD/MPD, or other Services focused product lines
- Previous experience as a Technical Manager
- Previous experience with an Oil and Gas Operator would be advantageous
- Project Management experience