ABC TAX MANAGER< Back To Job Listing
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for review and submission of the corporation’s quarterly and annual tax provisions.
- Verifiable experience working and reporting Deferred Income Tax under US GAAP, FIN18, RTA and TBBS processes, and preparing year-end and 9 months US GAAP Group reporting.
- Work closely with Corporate LAM Tax Reporting Manager to ensure accurately and timely quarterly and annual reporting.
Ensure compliance with all statutory tax filing and compliance requirements – monitoring on time submission of all tax returns (several legal entities and foreign branches), ensuring internal tax policies and standards are implemented and upheld by all entities of the Group.
Responsible for determination, review and filing of direct and indirect tax returns:
- Income Tax / Minimum Asset Tax / Others
- VAT / Sale Tax
- Turnover Tax
- Municipal Taxes
- Stamp Tax
- WHT (Income Tax, VAT, Turnover Tax, etc.)
- Other Taxes and Contributions.
- Responsible for determination, review and filing of direct and indirect tax returns:
- Responsible for keeping supporting legal and accounting documentation in compliance correctly and timely storage.
- Work closely to ensure accurate reporting and the avoidance of penalties.
- Monitor change in local regulations and interact with Region Tax to identify potential effects derived from change in laws.
- Proactively seek out and develop solutions to mitigate tax risks and identify opportunities to minimize tax liability.
Support Corporate LAM management and others on specific issues and projects including tax planning projects, acquisitions, divestments, and company re-organizations.
- Responsible for the identification of potential tax savings for direct and indirect taxes.
- Provide Corporate LAM Tax team with assistance in the assessment and design of tax planning projects.
- Responsible for the implementation of tax planning projects in ABC Region.
- Provide Corporate LAM Tax team with support in connection with Tax Consulting activities related to ABC Region.
- Together with controllers prepare and analyze the Group’s monthly performance reporting/forecast/budget income tax information.
- Assessment of potential tax contingencies in the light of the FIN48 rules. Development of actions to eliminate and /or to reduce such potential tax exposures.
- Work closely with Accounting, US GAAP Reporting, Treasury, Legal and Operations for all regional transactions.
- Assessment of potential Transfer Pricing issues related to new agreement and/or businesses.
- Responsible for TP date collection.
- Review of the local Transfer Pricing documentation to be prepared by local and/or Corporate Tax/TP team. Constantly interaction with Corporate TP team.
- Work closely with Corporate LAM Tax team to solve potential Transfer Pricing issues in ABC Region.
Responsible for closely monitoring Tax Cash Payments.
- Identification of alternatives to mitigate cash flow negative effect as consequence of Tax Cash Payments.
- Work closely with Corporate LAM Tax team in order to assess and design plans to mitigate potential Tax Cash Payment negative effects.
- Responsible for implementing and monitoring Tax Cash Payments related projects.
Provide assistance and support to Operations in order to identify possible tax savings and to eliminate and / or mitigate tax risks.
- Handle tax queries raised by various operational product lines.
- Undertake a technical review of contracts/tender documentation (up to 5-10 contracts a week) and determine tax effect/risks, if any.
- Assessments of PE issues, payments to Foreign Suppliers, registration of agreements before competent authorities, etc.
- Work closely with Corporate LAM Tax team to assess and solve potential tax issues and to identify tax savings opportunities derived from Operations
Tax Controversy and Litigation: Responsible
- Managing all aspects of tax audits, including communication with Director Boss and/or with stakeholders.
- Work closely with Corporate LAM Tax team providing support on the assessment, design and implementation of tax strategies to deal with potential tax discussions with Fiscal Authorities, fiscal audits and assessments in ABC Region.
- Supervise 2-3 tax professionals in support of region’s tax objectives. These are today based in ABC countries.
- Technical support for the accounting teams for tax compliance.
- Work closely with accounting team members as well as US GAAP Reporting, Legal, and Treasury.
- Perform/supervise tax due diligence on acquisition targets. Assist in the acquisition structuring of targets, including tax research of technical issues.
- Train accounting personnel with respect to reporting income taxes
DIRECT REPORTS AND RELATIONSHIPS INCLUDE:
- Direct Supervisor: LATAM Tax Director
- Indirect: ABC Controller
- Outside Professional Service Firms (Legal, Accounting, etc.)
- 8-10 years combined experience with Big 4 public accounting firm and industry
- Experience with multinational companies
- Experience with internal controls with regard to Sarbanes Oxley
- Strong academic background and significant exposure to tax issues in the main countries mentioned above with a Big 4 firm or similar industry experience.
- Strong knowledge and experience in US GAAP/FAS 109/ASC 740
- Strong background in international tax - experience preparing / reviewing tax provisions for large multinational companies.
- Solid Transfer Pricing knowledge and experience.
- M&A experience – evaluation of provisions, review of accounting for business combinations, integration execution.
- Experience in Tax Planning and Tax Consulting activities.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Chartered Accountant licensed or equivalent.
- Fluent (written and verbal) in English.