JR ACCOUNTANT< Back To Job Listing
This job posting is no longer active
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in over 90 countries and has a network of approximately 1,000 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs approximately 29,500 people.
Weatherford delivers innovative technologies and services designed to meet the world’s current and future energy needs in a safe, ethical, and sustainable manner. Grounded by our core values and inspired by our world-class people, we are committed to being a trusted business partner to those we serve.
Responsible for accurate and timely booking of company costs and payments of supplier invoices. Timely and accurate booking of costs is essential as it affects the FOP numbers reported monthly. Timely payment is essential to ensure goodwill and credibility with suppliers is maintained and thus minimizing supply issues which may impact operations in a negative manner.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. To code and book supplier invoices into the accounting system (JDE) ensuring compliance with all company policies and procedures as well as with Country and contract legislation. Invoices should be supported by a properly approved purchase order, a contract and other supporting documentation such as signed delivery notes and service acts of acceptance, fixed assets should be further supported by an AFE.
2. To ensure costs are accurately and appropriately coded to the correct general ledger account and product line. This is essential to enable analysis of the income statement by product line and by cost category and facilitate effective decision making by management.
3. To process invoices for payment in a timely manner in accordance with the terms and conditions of the contracts with suppliers.
4. To review advances paid to suppliers and employees (prepayments) on a regular basis and to investigate any advances older than 60 days old for follow up and resolution. To reconcile prepayments to invoices received and to match and clear in JDE, other prepaid accounts e.g. insurance and rent should be released to the income statement over the period to which they relate.
5. Process expense reports of national and expatriate employees in a timely manner.
6. Ensure familiarization with the Weatherford Anticorruption Compliance Manual and the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA). Flag to management any expenses or costs that appear unusual e.g. excessive quantities/prices for goods/services being purchased; unusual or blacklisted suppliers; and invoices that may include facilitation payments or red flags as defined and stipulated in the Weatherford Anticorruption Compliance Manual