MACHINE SHOP SUPERVISOR< Back To Job Listing
This job posting is no longer active
Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Supervises, coordinates and designates duties for machine shop personnel.
- Assesses and maintains optimum working practices to ensure maximum productivity.
- Ensures materials and tooling availability (forward planning) to maximize productivity.
- Ensures work is carried out and all operations are done in accordance with company HSE and QA guidelines.
- Offer technical, and practical assistance to shop personnel.
- Offer ‘on the job’ training when required to shop personnel.
- Responsible for day-to-day upkeep of shop equipment and 5S
- Ensures set production targets are met including but not limited to efficiency, utilization and absorption
- Required to work on a 24 hours call basis.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Any industrial technical certificate (industrial/mechanical/manufacturing) or5 years or above experience in the similar field.
- Must be Skilled with all Tools and Industrial Machinery.
- Understands Quality Assurance procedures and API codes, and have at least 5 years’ experience working in an ISO 9001-2000 and API environment.
- Good verbal communication skills. Have a good command of the English language.
- Must possess basic reading, writing and mathematical skills.
- Basic computer skills are advantageous
- Be self-motivated, and pragmatic.
- Individual must be able to follow instructions.
Should be able to work closely with fellow employees.