NEXTGEN GRADUATE ENGINEER< Back To Job Listing
This job posting is no longer active
Weatherford is among the largest oil and gas service providers, with a global network that operates in more than 100 countries and includes 680 service locations, and 13 research, development, and training facilities.
We are a company where ideas that challenge convention are not only celebrated, but brought to reality. If you have the skillset and the desire to impact change, there is a place for you on our forward thinking team.
Weatherford is looking for driven and determined individuals to join our NextGen graduate program. There are multiple full time positions available starting Summer 2019. As part of our selection process we will be interviewing new graduates and shortlisting several to attend our assessment center.
After an opportunity to engage with our leadership and hiring team we will offer selected graduates an opportunity to join as fulltime employees within our Wireline division. If you are selected as part of the team, you will be mentored and trained on the job and through classroom training opportunities getting your career off to a fast start.
As a member of the NextGen program, you will be building expertise and managerial skills and you will collaborate with cross-functional teams, while making a real impact on the job.
Weatherford Engineers/Supervisors ensure that our customer's requirements are met or exceeded by maintaining a high standard of professionalism, quality, efficiency, and safety in the performance of well logging and completion operations. With your professionalism, strong work ethic, leadership and teamwork skills, you will help make Weatherford the preferred wireline service company in the World.
The position of Field Engineer/Supervisor is physically and mentally challenging, and is a very rewarding and respected job in the oil and gas industry. As a Field Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- The operation and management of a mobile field unit and crew;
- The operation of a proprietary surface computer system to collect, QC, and analyze complex geological, geophysical, and mechanical readings from sub-surface well logging tools. The quality and accuracy of these logs are crucial as the oil company makes major production decisions from them;
- Providing reliable, prompt, and courteous service to Weatherford's customers on a 24-hour basis;
- Isolating and solving complex problems on the job site with the assistance of our technical support groups;
- Personal career development through external and internal technical and non-technical training;
- You will be required to work in a field setting for extended hours.
If you are highly driven, enjoy extensive travel, comfortable taking initiative, and can work in extreme outdoor environments and balance multiple priorities, you could go far on the Weatherford team. An undergraduate degree acquired within the last year from an Engineering program is essential. Effective English written and oral communication skills are a must, as are basic computer and problem solving skills. If you are prepared to succeed as part of a strong team tackling varied and complex problems, we would love to hear from you.
Specific Next Gen requirements include:
- BS in Engineering / Geology / Oil & Gas / Geo Sciences;
- College Certificate in Engineering;
- Mechanical interest and inclination;
- Requires a clean driver's license;
- Willingness to relocate and work in remote locations over several years
- Must be able to travel to the US eventually
- A strong work ethic and leadership potential
- Ideal candidates have worked in field based roles before or during their studies