Quality Assurance Inspector - Edmonton, AB< Back To Job Listing
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in over 90 countries and has a network of approximately 1,000 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs approximately 29,500 people. For more information, visit www.weatherford.com and connect with Weatherford on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
Weatherford delivers innovative technologies and services designed to meet the world’s current and future energy needs in a safe, ethical, and sustainable manner. Grounded by our core values and inspired by our world-class people, we are committed to being a trusted business partner to those we serve.
The QA Inspector is accountable for ensuring all parts that flow through the QA area conform to specified requirements. The QA Inspector will inspect parts, liaise with manufacturing, engineering, and vendors to rectify problems, maintain electronic and manual quality records and ensure measuring equipment is calibrated prior to use.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Inspection of incoming components, manufactured & bought out (purchased)
- Filing of all completed paperwork by Friday each week
- Completing NCR’s and forward for disposition
- Follow up with outstanding NCR’s on an ongoing basis
- Sending parts out for modification or repairs as required
- Assisting QA Manager with up keep of quality management system when required
- Creating C of C’s for outgoing orders
- Use Forklift to pick up and deliver materials before and after inspection
- Calibration of equipment on a regular basis
- Put together Traceability Packages for specific orders
- Follow company safety rules and regulations
- Follow procedures and work instructions as required
- Grade 12 Education, two years previous inspection and or machine shop experience or an equivalent amount of education and experience.
- 1-2 years QA experience preferred
- Familiarity with Windows based software (Excel, Word, etc.)
- ISO experience preferred but not essential
- Good organizational and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Strong safety-oriented mindset with leadership in safety culture\
- Ability to work independently or with a team
- Ability to work under stressful situations
- Ability to multi-task successfully in a fast paced environment
- Ability to complete tasks successfully with minimal supervision
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS
Weatherford offers competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including 3 weeks’ vacation to start, an RRSP program, a full comprehensive extended benefits program including a health spending account, and opportunities for on-going training and career development.