FIELD TECHNICIAN I - TRS< Back To Job Listing
This job posting is no longer active
We are seeking to employ Field Service Technicians for our Tubular Running Services (TRS) operations in Perth, Western Australia. The role will require frequent travel offshore to service our clients' requirements. We are always interested in candidates with previous TRS field experience, we recognise transferable skills and the value of the right attitude to work offshore.
Key duties and Responsibilities for these roles are as follows:
- Identify assets required for performing the job
- Rig up and down Casing and Tubing Running Equipment
- Assist with function tests of TRS equipment
- Operate TRS equipment at off shore and on shore locations
- Perform general maintenance on mechanical, hydraulic and electronic components.
- Assist with Rig Mechanization Installation Services
- Carry out general housekeeping and maintenance duties as directed
Field operations is on call out basis without guarantee of fixed roster. Employees may be required to assist with equipment preparation and load-outs at the Workshop between operations.
To be successful, you must be able to demonstrate the below:
- Mechanical aptitude and an understanding of hydraulic and mechanical systems
- Computer literate and familiar with Microsoft Office
- Fast learner, results oriented and independent with strong interpersonal skills
- Possess strong customer service skills, i.e. listening, follow-through, willingness to help
- Ability to adapt positively to changes in policies, procedures, priorities or work environments
- Good presentation, analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to resolve complex issues
- Willingness to travel at short notice and work ad-hoc rosters as per client requirements
- The ability to complete Helicopter Underwater Escape Training or similar
- External qualifications in Mechanical or Electronic applications preferred but not essential
In return for these skills, attributes and experience Weatherford will reward you with a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with one of the world's leading oilfield service companies.