Assembler< Back To Job Listing
This job posting is no longer active
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in over 90 countries and has a network of approximately 1,000 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs approximately 29,500 people. For more information, visit www.weatherford.com and connect with Weatherford on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
Weatherford delivers innovative technologies and services designed to meet the world’s current and future energy needs in a safe, ethical, and sustainable manner. Grounded by our core values and inspired by our world-class people, we are committed to being a trusted business partner to those we serve.
Progressing Cavity Pump Rotor and Stator manufacturing, a division of Weatherford®, that is located in Edmonton, is looking to fill the following position: Production Assembler (Various processes and shifts)
While adhering to standard safety and quality operational policies and procedures, the primary functions of the Assembler are:
- Learn and become proficient at the various levels of the Progressive Cavity Pump Stator process, specifically, but not limited to the Cope Extruder work center. The work center consists of a computer driven rubber extruder. The processes include verification of tooling, connection, alignment, assembly and disassembly of the work piece and the machinery. Quality inspection is also a process that is included.
- Monitor the running condition of machinery; read measuring instruments; respond to all computer error messages, inform supervisor of problems and operational concerns; participate in trouble shooting and problem resolution; conduct insopection according to requirements
- Accurately complete reporting and travel documents as required
- Operate the overhead crane to safely and efficiently move material
- 100% participation in identified workplace Personal Protective Equipment requirements
- Actively participate in company safety procedures and programs: correct unsafe work practices or situations; follow reporting protocols for violations; participate in the Hazard Identification process
- Fully participate in continuous process improvement and cost control, following quality policies and procedures and standards to maintain within company guidelines
- Perform other duties as required, including clean-up duties and the scanning of attendance and work order time
Minimum Grade XII education; equivalency considered
- manual labor work experience is required
- demonstrated proficiency, through pre-employment testing, in reading comprehension, writing and basic math calculations in the English language
- knowledge and use of computerized equipment and machinery is ideal
- safe and efficient use of hand tools required
- quality inspection experience an asset
- previous experience in a production/manufacturing machining or assembly environment
- oil and gas and/or automotive industry experience is an asset
possess mechanical aptitude, with an eye for detail and a willingness to learn
be punctual, reliable, and willing to work flexible hours
willing to actively participate in the Environmental, Health and Safety programs
required to work safely, within standard policies and procedures
able to work within a computerized environment
have excellent communication skills in verbal and written English
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS
Weatherford offers a competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including 3 weeks’ vacation to start, RRSP matching, a health spending account and opportunities for on-going training and career development.