Hazmat and Environment Advisor< Back To Job Listing
to drive the implementation of the Environmental strategy, policies and standards across the Country Locations Facilities, and Provide, leadership, counsel, advice and support to Country QHSSE Manager, Business unit managers, and Local Real Estate management, in implementation of these Environmental policies , in order to ensure that the Weatherford protects its reputation, license to operate and access to resources, and becomes recognized as one of the most advanced in terms of Environmental standards and processes.
The country Environmental and Hazmat Advisor is responsible for building environmental knowledge in order to support to deliver the Corporate Environmental and Hazmat strategy and the Four Tenets program while enabling the business to remain competitive and profitable. Also responsible for supporting HSE staff in Business Units in their country where necessary.
Ensure company and facilities compliance with all Federal, Provincial and Local regulations and support facilities with environmental permitting and reporting requirements,
-Fully understand and communicate regulatory obligations to Business Units Manufacturing and Operations Staff,
-Conduct internal environmental audits / assessments to ensure regulatory and company standards compliance,
- Implement Best Management Practices and ensure knowledge transfer within his country and to the regional Environmental Manager,
-Provide direction on all Hazardous materials issues as related but not limited to:
Radioactove materials, (Storage, Transport, Leak tests, import and export...etc)
Explosives materials, (storage, Transport, import and export...etc)
- Minimum 5 years’ work experience in an oil and gas industry, with minimum 2+ years as Health and Safety Coordinator or Business Unit RSO, BSO, and ESO,
- Leadership skills and the ability to influence across multiple layers of country organization,
- Ability to supervise and handle several projects simultaneously,
- Intermediate user skills regarding Weatherford’s enterprise systems (SharePoint, WPTS, Weatherford’s Document Distribution System, etc.), ISO 14001 auditor experiences a plus,
- Significant Experience in site assessment, investigation, and remediation design and implementation desired,