SENIOR SYSTEMS ENGINEER< Back To Job Listing
- Deploy and manage production servers.
- Design and architect production systems. Re-engineering production systems when new technologies become available to increase performance and reliability
- The position requires a working relationship with research and development, regions, as well as other supporting staff as required.
- This position requires a working relationship with Operations and Support groups of RTDS and other entities.
- Introducing and integrating new technologies into existing data center environments.
- Producing technical documentation as required.
- Project manage data center and real time solution deployments.
- Identify and address any and all security concerns/incidents.
- Provide and guide other staff on designing the best possible real time solution for clients on rig, on client site or in data center.
- Liaise with hardware and software venders which provide products to the group.
- Provide training on IT and software components of real time systems to internal staff.
- Proactively seek out bottlenecks and potential threats to the stability of systems.
- Improve and document processes in all aspects of the business using technology.
- Perform software testing and roll out of new software or features of existing software.
- Work with regional units to deploy their own real time systems.
- Resolve any and all issues escalated by IT and Operations teams
- Provide detailed reports as required for management.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
IT Degree or 5 years industry experience
Proficient with IDS System
Proficiency with custom monitoring tools and packages
Proficient in Cloud and Container Technologies
Proficiency with Windows as well as UNIX environments.
Knowledge on Automation and Database technologies e.g. Powershell, CHEF, SQL queries
Worked on ITSM/ITIL Practices
Ability to handle multiple tasks
Close attention to detail with a focus on fault-finding and problem resolution
Commitment to quality Preferred