COMPLETIONS FIELD SUPERVISOR< Back To Job Listing
Summary of Overall Job Purpose:
To support the expansion of “Weatherford”s Upper Completions activities within BP there is a requirement for a completion engineer to assist in the preparation of equipment onshore and deploy tools offshore.
The primary business currently is Annulus Safety Valves (ASV) which require a significant amount of preparation onshore, such as hydrostatic testing, control line makeup, splice installation and so forth.
The workload will be a mixture of onshore and offshore, the engineer will be expected to be flexible. Currently the ASV’s are prepared by the Project Engineer, due to the volume of work the field engineer will assist in workshop activities when there are no ongoing offshore operations.
As and when new equipment is introduced the field engineer will be responsible for successful deployment. The engineer should be prepared to install equipment such as packer, safety valves, intervention plugs and straddles.
The opportunity will exist for cross training in ESS and liner equipment.
The main responsibilities of Completions Field Supervisor:
- Preparation of Upper Completion Equipment.
- Installation of Upper Completion Equipment.
- Develop job specific procedures.
- Attend client’s pre & post job meetings.
- Offshore and onshore mentoring.
- Check equipment onshore and offshore prior to installation.
- Assist in workshop with equipment maintenance and testing.
- Assist in workshop with equipment load-outs.
- Check equipment onshore and on location.
- Daily report to town.
- Assist with preparation of EOWR.
- Update installation databases, WPTS and other tracking systems.
- Required training is undertaken to a satisfactory level of achievement.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and attitude and ensure that - Passport; Medical Certificate; Immunizations; Offshore Survival Certification and any other necessary certification/course’s are kept up to date.
- Must possess a good level of general education, including Mathematics & English. General mechanical aptitude.
- Experience in an oilfield service company, minimum 5 years, or graduate training scheme.
- Knowledge of rig systems and drilling/completion/production operations, and a good understanding of down-hole hydraulics.
- Experience of developing well procedures for product installation.
- Ability to work in a team environment, as well as an ability to work unsupervised and exercise initiative to resolve potential problems.
- A working knowledge of cased hole completions.
- A working knowledge of intervention equipment.
- A general understanding of open hole completions and Sand Control.
- Must have good organisational skills.
- Ability to discern key information and identify actions for complex problems.
- Possess good, basic supervisory skills, and proven communication skills.
- Demonstrate proven ability to participate well in a team environment.
- Demonstrate proven ability to work unsupervised and exercise initiative to resolve potential problems.
- Must be able to anticipate customer needs and be a key player in developing relationships.
- Must have a clear customer focus, and be able to understand the variety of people and business cultures in different areas of the business and respond to them accordingly.
- Must be able to use the right information and/or systems and/or technology, and be able to consistently identify and recommend improvements as appropriate.
- Must be a team player with good communication skills, both verbal and written.