Field Sales and Service Representative, Completions - Fort St. John, BC< Back To Job Listing
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in over 90 countries and has a network of approximately 1,000 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs approximately 29,500 people. For more information, visit www.weatherford.com and connect with Weatherford on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
Weatherford delivers innovative technologies and services designed to meet the world’s current and future energy needs in a safe, ethical, and sustainable manner. Grounded by our core values and inspired by our world-class people, we are committed to being a trusted business partner to those we serve.
Well Completions creates a dependable pathway to the surface for the hydrocarbons. The term Completion describes the assembly of downhole tubulars and other safety equipment that is required to enable the safe and efficient production of oil or gas from the well after it has been drilled.
The Cased-hole Completions group located in Fort St, John, BC is currently looking to fill a Field Sales & Service Representative role. The Field Sales & Service Rep is responsible for installing completion, equipment, service packers, annulus casing packers (ACP's), stage tools, inflatable production packers (IPP).
- Install completion equipment, service packers, annulus casing packers (ACP's), stage tools and inflatable production packers (IPP)
- Determine setting/releasing pressures required for the job and ensure that the equipment has been assembled with the appropriate number of shear pins
- Personally responsible for the assembly and testing of equipment in the shop prior to leaving for the field
- Responsible to ensure that all equipment required for the job is loaded onto the vehicle
- Measure all maximum OD and minimum ID diameters as well as tool lengths prior to leaving the shop
- Drift all tools to the appropriate casing or work string size
- Prepare a stab-up drawing illustrating all equipment OD, ID length and thread connection information
- Drive to location in a timely and safe manner
- Meet with customer rep upon arrival at the rig to review the job sequence and coordinate any third party services
- Rig floor supervision during running, setting and retrieving equipment
- Monitor pump rates and pressures
- Avoid maximum tension/weight, flow or pressure
- Operation of cementing manifold; monitor shaker & returns
- Perform volume, pressure and displacement calculations
- Assist with pipe tallies to assure a positive job outcome
- Prepare computer generated field tickets, reports and as-built drawings that can be presented to the customer in the field before leaving the location
- Use care and attention when operating equipment, handling materials, operating company vehicles to ensure they are utilized in an efficient and cost effective manner.
- Seek and identify opportunities to improve processes, reduce waste, and reduce company costs
- Responsible for the overall outcome of the job and 100% customer satisfaction
- Minimum 2-3 years experience with down hole equipment such as packers, fishing tools and drilling equipment
- Valid drivers license with clean abstract
- Basic mechanical aptitude
- Organizational skills such as making lists, prioritizing tasks and keeping track of time
- Basic mathematical skills with use of calculators
- Computer skills (Windows, Excel, Word and Visio)
- Experience with use of overhead crane and forklift
- Knowledge of rig operations and down hole tools
- Ability to think ahead to foresee problems before they occur
- Working knowledge of oilfield calculations such as pressure, volume and displacement, and pipe weight
- Specific product knowledge of completion equipment, service packers, ACP's, stage tools and IPP's
- Previous experience using JD Edwards, Visio and AutoCAD
- Defensive driver training course
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS
Weatherford offers competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including paid vacation to start, matching RRSP program, comprehensive benefits program, and employee stock purchase program (ESPP) and opportunities for on-going training and career development.