Graduate Mechanical Engineer< Back To Job Listing
The design and development of mechanical equipment for the purpose of collecting geophysical data used in the oil and gas exploration field. Take responsibility for the design from concept to production, and throughout its service life.
1. Through liaison with the Research and Engineering group, design equipment, with regard to environmental factors (space/pressure/temperature/vibration) that meet verbal and written specifications. The finished design to conform to our philosophy of ease of manufacture and serviceability, to be rugged, durable and reliable.
2. Build and test prototype assemblies to prove out the design, ensuring that it meets required specifications.
3. To complete the suite of engineering drawings needed by the production department. To locate, liaise with and visit specialist sub-contractors when required by the design.
4. To procure or to design and document any tooling, jigs or specialist equipment required by the production department, and to document the instructions for use.
5. Investigate and seek to resolve any issues arising in connection with the production and operation of equipment.
6. Support the design throughout its life cycle, modifying and improving it as required.
7. Travel overseas if needed; to operating centres, sub-contractors or research and manufacturing companies within the group.
8. To carry out any other duties as reasonably required by the Head of Mechanical Engineering.
Degree in Mech Eng; Working knowledge in design & Manufacture; creation of engineering drawings and some of the following: material selection; manufacturing; small mechanisms; 3D modelling; FEA.
Personal attributes: Intrinsic interest in mechanical design; hands on approach, drives for results; enthusiastic; good work ethic; attention to detail; analytial approach to problem solving; team player, creative and original. Employee must be UK resident; e flexible to work additional hours as required
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS