Quality Control Inspector< Back To Job Listing
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in over 90 countries and has a network of approximately 1,000 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs approximately 29,500 people. For more information, visit www.weatherford.com and connect with Weatherford on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
Weatherford delivers innovative technologies and services designed to meet the world’s current and future energy needs in a safe, ethical, and sustainable manner. Grounded by our core values and inspired by our world-class people, we are committed to being a trusted business partner to those we serve.
- Learn and understand the required Process Steps and Sub-Process Steps through the Standard Work Instructions and the Travel Documents.
- Understand the importance and requirement to follow procedures to ensure the quality standard; maintain the identified quality standard.
- Perform verification of measuring equipment calibration for all applicable processes and maintain records; inform the supervisor of any damage to or loss of equipment; return tools and supplies to identified storage.
- Use computers to the level required in the specific duties.
- Achieve a minimum level of meets expectations on performance review, including attendance, team work, housekeeping, safety and quality.
- Assist if needed in shipping and receiving to facilitate on-time-delivery.
- Maintains knowledge of plant operations.
- Provide inspection support for quality plans,
- Performs other related duties assigned by Quality Manager.
Primary Areas of Operation:
- Perform incoming, in-process and finished products inspections conducting visual and measurement tests;
- Ensure compliance to Weatherford and ISO standards.
- Analyzes and documents product test results
- Identify, record, communicate, control and prepare product non-conformances for disposition using corporate tools.
- Returns unacceptable materials back to supplier.
- Coordinates efforts for analysis with outside vendors.
- Assists with standard quality control testing where required.
- Prepares technical material test reports.
- Organizes and files test results for future reference
- Incoming material and final product inspection experience
- Manufacturing and assembly experience.
- Welding principles and metallurgical properties knowledge.
- Welding inspection experience.
- Capability of reading X-ray photographs of welded joints.
- Keen eye for detail and a results-driven approach.
- Must be aware of hazardous materials and the proper handling of these materials.
- Must have the ability to follow directions, work independently.
- Good communication skills in verbal and written English.
- Leadership and organizational skills.
- Quality Standards and Systems experience.
- Computer and scanning experience.
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS
Weatherford offers competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including paid vacation to start, matching RRSP program, comprehensive benefits program, and employee stock purchase program (ESPP) and opportunities for on-going training and career development.