Operations Supervisor (Sucker Rod) - Estevan, SK< Back To Job Listing
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in over 90 countries and has a network of approximately 1,000 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs approximately 29,500 people. For more information, visit www.weatherford.com and connect with Weatherford on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
Weatherford delivers innovative technologies and services designed to meet the world’s current and future energy needs in a safe, ethical, and sustainable manner. Grounded by our core values and inspired by our world-class people, we are committed to being a trusted business partner to those we serve.
Weatherford is currently looking for an experienced Operations Supervisor to oversee its Estevan, Saskatchewan ALS Sucker Rod facility.
This individual will have leadership responsibility for the planning, organization, leadership and QHSSE of all activity in this branch. The main objective of this role is to ensure the delivery of consistent and superior service, safety, quality, and technical support and effectiveness required to exceed expectations of our customers, while maximizing operational efficiency and minimizing costs. This candidate will report to the Branch Operations Manager.
The successful candidate must live in the Estevan area.
- To ensure that the branch plant is optimally suited to identify customer needs and offer them the most appropriate and cost effective solutions, to deliver the optimal job execution with outstanding service quality, and to systematically evaluate results obtained to further improve our services in accordance with QHSSE, Operational Excellence plans and continuous improvement concepts.
- Organizes personnel, equipment and material resources in the most productive and cost effective way to meet activity demands. Ensures the branch personnel are given the resources and support required to perform a safe and high quality job, and prompt and effective assistance in the handling of any major difficulties or accidents.
- Ensures strict adherence to Service Quality and Safety Standards and any other external agency's regulatory requirements.
- Organizes and executes inventory purchasing for the branch with strict adherence to corporate guidelines and maintaining optimal inventory levels.
- Inventory management responsibility with focus on loss prevention and regular facility cycle counts.
Quality, Health, Safety, Security & Environmental
- Fully implements and actively promotes respect for Weatherford Health, Safety, Security & Environmental standards and policies, as well as any other customer or external agency's regulatory requirements.
- Constantly evaluates the safety effectiveness of area operations through systematic analysis of near-misses and accidents, to promptly determine their cause and the corrective actions required in terms of personnel awareness/training and/or equipment standards/maintenance. Is actively involved in Root Cause Analysis for all incidents affecting safety and service quality in the area.
- Provides a prominent role model in HSSE and aligns actions with HSSE goals and policies.
- Actively promotes a Weatherford culture in the area and supports all area initiatives and teams.
- Promotes an environment of One Weatherford, trust, care and respect built on listening to employees, empowerment, employee achievement and the use of positive reinforcement and disciplinary action when required. Promotes a people-oriented environment where employees are valued as individual persons as well as for their professional contributions. Practices and encourages the use of the "fair, consistent and explainable" approach to all personnel management issues across their area.
- Delegates responsibilities and activities as necessary to enhance the role of every team member while allowing the Operations Manager to focus on his/her core responsibilities. Creates an environment of accountability where each employee is held to the same standard of accountability for their actions no matter their span of control or scope of responsibility.
- Motivates people to work to the best of their ability as part of the team through open communications, regular meetings, coaching and counseling, attention to their needs, recognition and rewards for their individual contributions and collective accomplishments.
- Oversees the training of shop personnel, trying to maintain the necessary balance between the area's operational requirements and individual development needs.
Finance & Cost Control
- Accountable for meeting the area's financial goals through optimum utilization of personnel, equipment and material resources, the set-up of proper control systems and sound expense control.
- Oversees material and supply inventory to ensure we maintain minimum levels of stock and inventories while meeting the area operational requirements and utilization forecast
- Collaborates with managers from other Weatherford product lines.
- Manages his/her operation and personnel/customer relations under a strict code of professional behavior and impeccable business ethics.
- Perform various other duties assigned by Manager within the physical constraints of the job.
- Prior order desk experience an asset
- Oil and gas industry experience an asset
- Able to work under pressure
- Valid class 5 license with clean abstract
- Excellent customer service skills
- Previous oilfield experience an asset
- Strong computer skills (Word, Exce;, JD Edwards)
- Knowledge of downhole equipment parts an asset
- Good organizational skills required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Demonstrable commitment to safety, quality and incident prevention
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi task on multiple jobs
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Ability to create a positive work environment and creating a culture of accountability.
Successful candidates will be required to pass pre-employment drug, alcohol and medical testing.
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS
Weatherford offers competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including paid vacation to start, matching RRSP program, comprehensive benefits program, and employee stock purchase program (ESPP) and opportunities for on-going training and career development.