PROCESS EVALUATION SCIENTIST< Back To Job Listing
To test and evaluate innovative geoscience algorithms and workflows within an R&D environment as part of the formation evaluation answer product development process for well logging measurements.
- Assist geoscience R&D subject matter experts (SMEs) develop and evaluate new and innovative formation evaluation products by testing newly developed pre-commercial algorithms and workflows using wireline and logging-while-drilling data acquired in the broad range of borehole environments encountered in global operations.
- Measure and record quantitative and qualitative performance metrics extracted from the results of tests, and identify conformance to and deviations from expectations.
- Communicate results, and identify opportunities for improvement within products under development.
- Leverage proficiency with the Company’s evolving primary data acquisition and processing software platforms to help guide the development of workflows associated with new algorithms.
- Maintain records, and provide written reports detailing testing results and pertinent observations.
- Work as a team player in an agile development process
- Maintain professional standards of work and conduct at all times.
KNOWLEDGE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Graduate degree in a relevant science discipline.
- The position will suit a recent graduate, or alternatively an operational log analyst or logging engineer who wishes to work in a research environment.
- Familiarity with the acquisition, quality control and interpretation of well log measurements will be an advantage.
- Familiarity with core & cuttings analysis and log-core integration techniques will be beneficial.
- Proficiency with MATLAB is desirable.
- Proficiency with Word and Excel is essential.
Ability to work as part of a team is essential
- Good communication skills are essential.
- Fluency in English is essential
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS