Well Site Field Supervisors, MPD/UBD - Nisku, AB< Back To Job Listing
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in over 90 countries and has a network of approximately 1,000 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs approximately 29,500 people. For more information, visit www.weatherford.com and connect with Weatherford on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
Weatherford delivers innovative technologies and services designed to meet the world’s current and future energy needs in a safe, ethical, and sustainable manner. Grounded by our core values and inspired by our world-class people, we are committed to being a trusted business partner to those we serve.
Weatherford is currently searching for candidates to fill the role of Well Site Field Supervisor for our Secure Drilling Services (UBD/MPD) division.
This position consists of proper on-site maintenance and operation of tools, equipment, accessories, ensuring compliance with policies and procedures, and managing information and customer data, as well as customer relations.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead the rig up/ down, function test, pressure test, and operation of all SDS equipment on site and preparing the paperwork requirements with minimal supervision. This can be done in the base or field location.
- Train and mentor Operators.
- Lead and supervise all SDS, mechanical and hydraulic inspection requirements.
- At the discretion of product line management (such as the Engineering Manager, Operations Manager, or their designee) will be responsible for working in the shop. This will include but not limited to green tagging, preparing, and/or assisting with shipping equipment to job site.Communicate and coordinate with internal staff, client, and 3rd party service providers.
- Document any incidents in the Weatherford Performance Tracking System (WPTS).
- Lead and supervise the completion of all field documentation.
- Actively lead in JSAs and operational specific procedures.
- Lead in the Permit to Work process and Tool Box talks.
- Effectively communicate with rig site personnel.
- Troubleshoot SDS equipment and implement corrective action.
- Responsible for managing and tracking inventory and sending signed job tickets to the office when required.
- Can demonstrate, apply knowledge and perform all hands on functions of all operations SDS equipment including rig up, operating, event identification and downhole theory, maintenance of compression / separation equipment and trouble shooting
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by the supervisor or management within the physical constraints of the job.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2-5 years of Separation or Compression experience preferred
- 5+ years of Oilfield Experience preferred
- Must be willing to travel to remote locations and possibly to other countries for extended periods if needed.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Technical Degree related to the oil and gas industry preferred
- Excellent mechanical aptitude
- Proficient regarding matters related to pressure safety
- Excellent organizational and planning skill
- Understand principles of electricity and hydraulics
- Basic computer skills
- The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations.
- Ability to work closely with other team members.
- Helpful and highly motivated with the ability to prioritise workloads.
- Flexible and able to support and interface with members of staff at all levels
- Availability to be on-call, work outside normal business hours and travel as required
- Positive attitude towards health, safety and the environment
- Willingness to work under varying conditions and in remote locations
- Required to complete the supervisor competency standards.
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS
Weatherford offers competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including paid vacation to start, matching RRSP program, comprehensive benefits program, and employee stock purchase program (ESPP) and opportunities for on-going training and career development.