WELDER< Back To Job Listing
This job posting is no longer active
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out welding and maintenance operations on rental equipment in accordance with Original Equipment Manufacturing specifications and Company work instructions, to ensure equipment is serviced to comply with quality standards and is fit for purpose for the end users – the offshore employees
- To maintain welding qualifications to acceptable level.
- Maintain clear and concise records of all maintenance undertaken to ensure trace ability of work carried out on the tools from start to finish.
- To ensure QA systems are applied and implemented by following Company work instructions and procedures to ensure trace ability and compliance with Company standards.
- Maintain work area in a clean and safe manner at all times to prevent any incidents/accidents
- Responsible for QHSE within the area of accountability ensuring all personnel & contractors carry out work in safe manner using all recommended protective equipment.
- To ensure that cranes, forklifts, and other vehicles are operated in a safe manner and daily inspections carried out.
- Any other delegated responsibilities as instructed by Line Management within the timeframe specified in a safe and efficient manner to meet business requirements, provided the instruction is reasonable and you are capable and deemed competent to fulfil these
- Standard Grade or equivalent in Maths, English and Craft Studies
- Apprenticeship in mechanical related subject
Knowledge and Skills:
- Welding certification to ASME9 and AES D1-1 standards
- Work experience in heavy engineering
- An ability to read engineering drawings
- Technical and practical grounding of knowledge of Oxy-Acetylene welding
- Welding coding standards for lifting points 3G Welding
- Abrasive wheels Certificate
- Overhead crane / Banks man slinging training
- Forklift Certificate
- Knowledge of electric welding, stick, TIG and MIG
- Previous work experience in a welding shop environment
- Previous experience in a welding shop environment within the Oilfield sector.
- Knowledge of various types of Oilfield equipment
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS