WELL SITE SUPERVISOR - I< Back To Job Listing
This senior level position is focussed on applying skills and knowledge in order to safely perform and manage any MicrofluxTM Control System (MFC) functions as a Wellsite Supervisor. The Wellsite Supervisor must be proficient in managing all aspects related to the MFC and Rotating Control Devices (RCD) as well as mentoring junior personnel. Duties and responsibilities are to lead or delegate aspects of the rig up, maintenance and operation of all MFC and RCD equipment on the rig site and base when required.
- Responsible for daily communication with the clients rig site representative, client’s office, and other services companies on location. Collaborate with the field engineer for technical down knowledge and assistance when needed.
- This individual is responsible for all Secure Drilling Services Operation on the rig, from a technical, equipment and safety aspect
- Can demonstrate, apply knowledge and perform all hands on functions of all operations of the MFC and RCD including rig up, operating, event identification and downhole theory, maintenance, changing RCD elements and trouble shooting
- Interacts with 3rd party service providers on the rig, such as the mud loggers, mud company, MWD and directional services, etc.
- Responsible for managing and tracking inventory and sending signed job tickets to the office
- Train and mentor crew members
- Participate in pre and post job meetings with the clients
- Manage crew shifts and rotation while on the rig site
- Responsible for making sure equipment is functional and inventory lists complete before sending equipment to location as well as green tagging manifold after the job is complete
- Follow all QHSE procedures and report any incidents
- Conduct safety meetings on the rig
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all Operating, Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford
- Perform various other duties and activities within the physical constraints of the job
- Required to complete the MicrofluxTM Control System Wellsite Supervisor
- Any other delegated responsibilities as instructed by Line Management within the timeframe specified in a safe and efficient manner to meet business requirements, provided the instruction is reasonable and you are capable and deemed competent to fulfil these.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Quality, Health, Safety and the Environment.
- Apply Weatherford, and where appropriate Client Company’s, Quality, Health, Safety & Environment Policy and Management Systems.
- Act in accordance with the Roles and Responsibilities as designated in Document 2-2-EW-GB-EDI-00001
Additional Relevant Job Information
- Availability to be on-call, work outside normal business hours and travel as required
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in engineering or other field related to the oil and gas industry
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Knowledge and experience with traditional drilling practices and well control
- Significant Managed Pressure Drilling experience
- Significant oilfield supervisory experience
- Understand basic principles of electricity
- Understand basic principles of hydraulics