Wireline Junior Field Engineer< Back To Job Listing
This is an entry level position focused on learning the necessary skills and knowledge required in order to safely perform a variety of basic Wireline services as a Field Engineer. The expectation at this level is to assist under direct supervision, and to observe all aspects of the operation as performed by the Wireline crew. Duties and responsibilities are to assist in the maintenance and operation of Wireline equipment and services.
Under the direction and supervision of the Field Operation Manager, the Junior Field Engineer will undergo initial training in order to meet the minimum HSE certification and technical requirements required to assist in operations at the jobsite. The manager will assign the employee a mentor in order to assist as necessary so that the required level of skills and knowledge has been achieved.
The employee is required to collect necessary prerequisites to attend Junior Field Engineer School, reach the minimum score to pass this first Technical training and successfully complete field break-out operation before he could deliver basic wireline services without supervision.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Successfully complete the learning plan for Junior Field Engineer. The learning plan includes on-the-job training under the supervision of a mentor, formal training, and utilization of Weatherford online training and documentation.
- Assist in job planning and preparation of tools and equipment, paperwork and documentation requirements.
- Demonstrate familiarity with Wireline documentation and other online training and support systems.
- Demonstrate general knowledge and understanding of Wireline operations policies & procedures, which include Radiation, Ballistics, Pressure Control, rig up, and preventative maintenance.
- Demonstrate general knowledge of all Weatherford tools and equipment at the location, including associated hazards.
- Assist in performing tasks associated with a typical Wireline job, which includes load-out and backload, rig up, clean-up and maintenance of tools, equipment and Wireline units.
- Assist in performing Wireline tests, cable re-heads, tool preventative maintenance & calibration.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge and understanding of various Wireline functions including winch operation, depth control, tension, data acquisition and tool response.
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- Engineering or Geology degree
- The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations
- Willingness to work under varying conditions and in remote locations
- Ability to perform under pressure and meet deadlines
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Positive attitude towards health, safety and the environment
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Understand fundamental math and physics
- Understand principles of electricity
- Basic computer skills
- Experience or knowledge of operating in the Oil & Gas industry
- Previous Wireline experience
- Knowledge of windows based systems
- Demonstrated mechanical ability