Sampling & Wellsite Core Processing Technician - Calgary, AB< Back To Job Listing
This job posting is no longer active
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in over 90 countries and has a network of approximately 1,000 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs approximately 29,500 people. For more information, visit www.weatherford.com and connect with Weatherford on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
Weatherford delivers innovative technologies and services designed to meet the world’s current and future energy needs in a safe, ethical, and sustainable manner. Grounded by our core values and inspired by our world-class people, we are committed to being a trusted business partner to those we serve.
Follows Technical Work Instructions (TWIs) related to the provision of Wellsite Fluid Sampling, Wellsite Core Processing and Laboratory Analysis under the direction of a Senior Technician, Team Lead or Manager. The successful candidate will be available for a flexible work schedule as dictated by operational requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Learn and comply with all Weatherford QHSSE standards & policies.
- Learns and complies with Weatherford TWIs related to duties.
- Maintain equipment and workplace in operations ready condition.
- Demonstrate an ongoing commitment to exemplary service quality.
- Accurate recording of all operations information.
- Clear and complete communication with colleagues
- Perform other duties as assigned by Team Lead/Manager.
- Work in Sour Service Environments.
- Participate in cross department training.
- Experience: 1-5 years Oil & Gas field or operational experience, ideally with a minimum of 3 years Laboratory SCAL or PVT experience.
- The ideal sampling technician candidate will be eligible to progress through the sampling competency progression and become eligible for field assignments at both domestic and international locations.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Valid driver’s license and clean abstract
- BST and or T-BOSIET (optional)
- Hours of Service Training (HOS)
- Forklift training
- Drivers Safety training
- H2S Alive
- First Aid
This position is considered a safety sensitive position and qualified candidates will be required to pass a Pre-employment Medical, Drug & Alcohol Test.
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS
Weatherford offers competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including paid vacation to start, matching RRSP program, comprehensive benefits program, and employee stock purchase program (ESPP) and opportunities for on-going training and career development.