Auto Tong Service Specialist< Back To Job Listing
This job posting is no longer active
This position has field and workshop responsibilities depending on company and customer requirements and workload. The position includes working for prolonged periods away from home that may include overseas. The Auto Tong Support Specialist operates specialist equipment associated with the preparation of OCTG at Weatherford’s and Customers onshore pipe yard or workshop locations. It can also potentially include offshore rig sites. Working closely with client, company and 3rd party technicians as part of a team, they have limited independent authority to provide quality, professional service and customer support by performing assigned TRS operations in accordance with company’s contractual obligations, operations procedures and company’s and customer’s Health, Safety & Environmental (HS&E) policies. The role may also include general repair and service of TRS related equipment at company’s and customers facilities. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Quality, Health, Safety and the Environment.
- Ensure compliance with Weatherford, and where appropriate Client’s, Quality, Health, Safety & Environment Policy and Safety Management Systems.
- Act in accordance with the Roles and Responsibilities as described in Document 3-2-ME-GL-TRS-00001 QHSE ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – TRS MENA
Human Resources Management
- Provide oversight and direction to the employees under their direct supervision in accordance with the organization's policies and procedures.
- Coach, mentor, and help develop staff.
- Encourage others and promote participation in TRS training and competence initiatives.
- Empower employees to take responsibility for their jobs and goals. Delegate responsibility appropriately and provide regular feedback.
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity throughout the organisation that allows for disagreement over ideas, conflict and expeditious conflict resolution, as well as cohesiveness, supportiveness, and working effectively together to enable each employee and the department to succeed.
- Lead employees to meet the organization's expectations for productivity, quality, and goals
- Whilst not compulsory, the position is encouraged to become a certified Competency Assessor and to actively engage in Competency Assessment.
Essential AutoTong Operations
- Maintain comprehensive understanding of operation and maintenance requirements of TRS Manual Handling Equipment, Power Equipment, Bucking Units and Thread Monitoring Systems, Rig Systems Solutions Services and Total Depth Solutions Services as it applies to the assigned business segment.
- Ensure latest updates of software and hardware of AutoTong
- Undertake rig surveys specific to TRS operations.
- Be a subject matter expert for the AutoTong.
- Present, report to client Autotong operations developing the business.
- Housekeeping/maintenance duties in a safe manner as directed by supervisor.
- Responsible for the upkeep of own training and competency portfolio
- Responsible for own and crew’s compliance with Weatherford and Clients HSE policies whilst ensuring co-workers carry out work in safe manner.
- Actively participate and promote Weatherford and Client Safety Programs
- Ensure all Job reporting forms are completed accurately and all Non Productive Time (NPT) incidents are accurately recorded and report to management.
- Participate in incident and accident investigations as required / requested.
- Report all hazards and unsafe acts
Participate in and supervise:
- the performance of function checks TRS Equipment against specified Work Instructions.
- the rig up, operation and rig down of TRS Equipment following Work Instructions and procedures.
- the service and maintenance of mechanical, hydraulic and electronic components of TRS equipment as applicable to business segment.
Essential Workshop Service Centre
- Active participation in workshop safety & toolbox meetings and contribute to workshop specific safety initiatives
- Active participation in incident investigation promoting swift and appropriate incident close outs
- Ensure all hazards, unsafe acts and non-conformances are accurately and promptly reported.
- Ensure third party compliance with company procedures
- Assist in the service, repair, maintenance and functional testing of mechanical, hydraulic and electronic components of TRS equipment as applicable to business segment.
- Ensure good standards of housekeeping practices in workshop and yard are maintained at all times.
- Responsible for complying with Weatherford HSE policies whilst ensuring co-workers carry out work in safe manner.
- English Language,Computer literate and familiar with Microsoft Office software.
- Proficient in Company’s ERP system modules relevant to the role.
- Proficient in the application of Company’s OEPS Management Systems.
- Possess strong customer service skills
- Mechanical aptitude and basic understanding of hydraulic and mechanical / electronic systems
- Be assessed as “Competent” in accordance with the Company’s Competency
- Possess good presentation, analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to resolve complex issues
- English Language: Has fully operational command of the language: appropriate, accurate and fluent with complete understanding
- Certified Company Competency Assessor
- Trained in TapRoot incident investigation.
- Local driving license,Forklift / Rigging / Crane Dogman Certifications.First Aid / Fire fighting Certifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Internationally recognized Degree Qualifications in Mechanical, Electronic, Petroleum engineering or relevant discipline.
- Qualified OCTG Inspector
- Other Qualifications in Mechanical, Electronic or Petroleum engineering.
- Minimum 12 months experience related to the assigned TRS AutoTong
- Minimum 4 years related working experience in Tubular Running Services.
- Previous Career in Tubular Running Services or OCTG Inspection.
- Minimum of 4 years related working experience.
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS