Lab Technician< Back To Job Listing
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in over 90 countries and has a network of approximately 1,000 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs approximately 29,500 people. For more information, visit www.weatherford.com and connect with Weatherford on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
Weatherford delivers innovative technologies and services designed to meet the world’s current and future energy needs in a safe, ethical, and sustainable manner. Grounded by our core values and inspired by our world-class people, we are committed to being a trusted business partner to those we serve.
Primary Areas of Operation:
1) Stator Quality- Lab Testing of samples from inspected PCP and PDM Stators.
2) Corod Quality- Lab Testing of samples from manufactured Corod®.
- Performs material testing and examination operations using metallurgical testing equipment
- for tensile testing, hardness testing (macro- and micro-hardness), and metallography.
- Prepares metallurgical specimens for testing and conducts testing of specimens.
- Conducts testing and evaluation of new suppliers.
- Maintains parted rod sample analysis turnaround time of maximum 21 days.
- Maintains failure database and prepare summary reports when needed.
- Coordinates efforts for analysis with outside vendors.
- Assists with standard quality control testing where required.
- Analyzes and documents product test results. Prepares technical material test reports.
- Organizes and files test results for future reference.
- Conducts metallurgical evaluations of customer property which have failed in service.
- Produces written report to summarize metallurgical evaluations.
- Operates within the lab in a highly organized, professional, and clean manner.
- Maintains knowledge of plant operations.
- Performs other related duties such as weld sample preparation for subsequent metallurgical
- Provide inspection support for quality plans, incoming, in-process and finished products.
- Elastomer testing of all incoming material to confirm it meets all specifications.
- Grit analysis to confirm whether it meets all specifications.
- Adhesive testing to all incoming material to confirm it meets all specifications.
- Compatibility Testing and Immersion of elastomer samples to confirm that it meets all
- X-ray analysis of stator centralization.
- Performs other related duties assigned by Quality Manager.
- Previous laboratory experience is desirable, as is knowledge of metallurgical products and properties.
- Must be aware of hazardous materials and the proper handling of these materials.
- Good communication skills in verbal and written English.
- Leadership and organizational skills.
- Grade 12 – graduation or GED equivalency
- Blueprint reading and understanding.
- Process, Sub-Process, Technical Work Instruction and lab Test Program understanding.
- Report writing skills: neat handwriting.
- Read and use measuring and testing instruments (e.g. Gages, Micrometers, and Calipers).
- Computer literate – ability to work with various software packages such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Read and Write English
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS
Weatherford offers competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including paid vacation to start, matching RRSP program, comprehensive benefits program, and employee stock purchase program (ESPP) and opportunities for on-going training and career development.