Pump Technician - Bonnyville, AB< Back To Job Listing
This job posting is no longer active
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in over 90 countries and has a network of approximately 1,000 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs approximately 29,500 people. For more information, visit www.weatherford.com and connect with Weatherford on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
Weatherford delivers innovative technologies and services designed to meet the world’s current and future energy needs in a safe, ethical, and sustainable manner. Grounded by our core values and inspired by our world-class people, we are committed to being a trusted business partner to those we serve.
Pump Shop Technicians are responsible for repairing, refurbishing, and testing PC and Rod Pumps according to customer and company specifications. Technicians will become familiar with the subsequent procedures and operations and have the capability of working in an unsupervised environment. Specific requirements for successful competency at this job level will include a willingness to become oriented to the business with the goal of becoming proficient and competent at repairing various types of pumps used by customers in the oilfield industry.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Depending on level of experience, candidates will initially work under supervision (on the job training) with an experienced employee, achieving competency on basic job tasks/set instructions or procedures in the shop relating to assembling, disassembling and testing of pumps to both WFT and external customer specifications.
- Compliance with all Weatherford safety regulations and company policies
- Orientation and learning how to safely operate various equipment associated with position
- Interpret work orders and technical manuals.
- Responsible for shop cleanliness
- Ensuring that the work completed meets manufacturer's specifications and legislated regulations.
- Aware of all safe operating procedures for any piece of equipment being operated.
- Ability to work independently with no or minimal supervision and ability to deal with customers as required relating to servicing of equipment.
- Ability to work overtime hours, as workload requires.
- Subsequent delivery and pick up of pumps on customer location as required
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
- Prior assembly or oilfield experience an asset
- Valid class 5 operators license in good standing
- Capability of working overtime
- Demonstrated and effective problem solver
- Quality first attitude
- Ability to follow set work instructions both from binder and computer.
- Familiarity with work process and ability to anticipate the next step
- Safety minded individual, willingness and commitment to receiving both required and ongoing mandatory safety training as a condition of employment
- Attention to detail
- Being able to work as part of a team in a team atmosphere
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Legally authorized to work in Canada
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS
Weatherford offers competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including paid vacation to start, matching RRSP program, comprehensive benefits program, and employee stock purchase program (ESPP) and opportunities for on-going training and career development.