Applications Specialist - COROD Products< Back To Job Listing
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in over 90 countries and has a network of approximately 1,000 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs approximately 29,500 people. For more information, visit www.weatherford.com and connect with Weatherford on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
Weatherford delivers innovative technologies and services designed to meet the world’s current and future energy needs in a safe, ethical, and sustainable manner. Grounded by our core values and inspired by our world-class people, we are committed to being a trusted business partner to those we serve.
The successful incumbent fulfilling this role will be required to support the development and implementation of Weatherford COROD products by assisting staff and customers with product design, installation and performance evaluation of COROD systems. Customers include personnel at both Weatherford Artificial Lift field store locations and end user customers. The incumbent is also expected to provide technical expertise according to specified application or activity as a means of enhancing company profits and maintaining the market share of the business. The successful candidate would be available to relocate to various centers within Alberta in order to learn the business.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assistance to Operating Company production engineers and technologists in the development and implementation of COROD systems.
- Use of relevant well data along with appropriate software and other tools to evaluate and determine the best technical solution to produce the well based on the customers production on operational objectives.
- Works with clients to troubleshoot problem wells, sharing information and developing strategies for corrective action and future product implementation to enhance product and well performance.
- Assistance with the installation and operation of the product when needed.
- Works with the Research and Development (R&D) team to develop and test new product based on industry and client requirements.
- Monitor and track new product performance and customer feedback, relaying findings to the R&D team.
- Develop and prepare, schools/training pertaining to COROD in order to educate internal personnel and clients; as well as designing product information and training videos.
- Perform failure analysis on Weatherford COROD manufactured products; based on historical operational, production history and through supporting destructive and non-destructive testing. The information is compiled into a report containing well bore servicing history, product failure descriptions and future product recommendations.
- Provide technical support for Artificial Lift distribution field branches; aid sales representatives with questions and concerns related to deliveries, product availability, quality and other customer related questions.
- Support and mentor, from a technical perspective, Artificial Lift employees as required
- Review product performance in the marketplace to enhance product needs and requirements.
- Work with and support all divisions of Weatherford to enhance market opportunity as well as liaising on regular basis with peripheral technical support teams to share information and apply knowledge.
- Maintain and build relationships with internal and external customers, in order to promote Weatherford's business.
- Support company goals and objectives and continual process and quality improvement initiatives.
- Act as an ambassador for Weatherford interests at related oilfield functions during interactions with customers.
- Continually investigate ways to grow and expand Weatherford's market share.
- Successful completion of required mandatory safety training courses as designated by Weatherford
- Compliance with all safety regulations and company policies
- Graduated from a post-secondary institution with a Petroleum Industry related degree or diploma.
- Outgoing personality, great attitude, self-starter who is able to work with minimal supervision.
- Valid Class 5 operators license
- Solid base of computer skills. Capable of working with spreadsheets and graphing programs related to technical applications.
- Demonstrated ability to discuss problems and negotiate mutual agreements with customers, manufacturers, distributors and other Weatherford employees.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain customer based relationships.
- Demonstrated outgoing personality, relationship orientated, capable of networking in a variety of situations.
- Safety minded individual and willingness for receiving both required and ongoing training as a condition of employment
- Attention to detail and time management
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS
Weatherford offers competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including paid vacation to start, matching RRSP program, comprehensive benefits program, and employee stock purchase program (ESPP) and opportunities for on-going training and career development.